Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight when I got home I noticed that I received an envelope from Acura Automobile Division. It was labeled "Product Advisory, Please open immediately".

Turns out it was just a notice about the software update we already knew about concerning the audio, nav and hands-free system. I don't see any mention of any ECU update, unfortunately.

Here is what was sent today...

·
Registered
438 Posts
someone mentioned that the audio beeps came back for the rear cross traffic alert for their new car, so its possible that there may be other updates that is not mentioned in the literature? (or perhaps, stuff that acura refuses to admit fixing?)

ya, im being hopeful.....just sayin'

at least u get the notice

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
someone mentioned that the audio beeps came back for the rear cross traffic alert for their new car, so its possible that there may be other updates that is not mentioned in the literature? (or perhaps, stuff that acura refuses to admit fixing?)

ya, im being hopeful.....just sayin'

at least u get the notice
Very true. I forgot about the beeps fix. You're right. They didn't mention fixing it when it should have been there all along.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is the beep on a tech package and up? Base models is excluded from that beep warning rifht

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the beep on a tech package and up? Base models is excluded from that beep warning rifht
I believe you are correct. Cross traffic alert ties into the rear camera, but I believe it is tech and higher.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I believe you are correct. Cross traffic alert ties into the rear camera, but I believe it is tech and higher.
actually, rear view cameras are standard for all TLXs (there are articles saying that acura is getting ahead of the game with governments planning to impose rear view cameras be standard for all vehicles)

but blind spot monitor and rear cross traffic alert functions are in tech and advance/elite trims. so the base trim gets the guidance lines in their backup cameras, but no arrows or beeps

·
Registered
92 Posts
Waiting for the day when they make all cars have dash cams. Doesn't russia have this?
It would be great to have a built-in dash cam. I think they should just use the camera in the windshield to record the last 5 minutes or so of driving. They already have it there for ACC and LKA so why not?

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes, it is mandatory over there. That's why 98% of car crash compilations on Youtube have material from Russia.
it seems like a good law. You capture a lot of crimes and accidents, not to mention just weird stuff that happens all the time. Its great business for youtube.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What software update? I never got any notice about this from Acura.
It's the one most members are talking about.

Go to owners.acura.com and take a copy to your dealer. look under Managing your car, Get Software update.

Check to see if your VIN is in the list that needs the update. You may have bought your car after the release was installed in your car from factory. Mine was not, but I can wait till my first oil change. :)

Update: If you are Canadian, they may not apply to you. (I see the above is from the US, so this is valid.)

·
Registered
222 Posts
It's the one most members are talking about.

Go to owners.acura.com and take a copy to your dealer. look under Managing your car, Get Software update.

Check to see if your VIN is in the list that needs the update. You may have bought your car after the release was installed in your car from factory. Mine was not, but I can wait till my first oil change. :)

Update: If you are Canadian, they may not apply to you. (I see the above is from the US, so this is valid.)
Great answer @Summest

i have noticed many folks don't know how to go about this. Sure helps to have someone easily outline it on the forums here!

·
Registered
438 Posts
so just for the heck of it i checked the canadian acura website for recalls/updates using my VIN to see if we are getting anything, and we may be getting something soon, hopefully its the update.

you can check yours here: Lookup

Your Vehicle Identification Number:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Recall Notifications (1)

An outstanding recall or product update campaign has been identified for your vehicle. However, the description document for this campaign is not yet available. It will be posted shortly. For immediate assistance, please contact your Acura dealer or Acura Canada Client Services at 888-9ACURA9 for more information.
i am getting my winter tire+rim package at my dealer in a couple of weeks, so i will likely ask for the update at that time as well

Reactions: Summest
1 - 15 of 15 Posts