Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've faced with the vibration in my car. After diagnostic, we conclude that the problem is warped discs. I'm from Ukraine and unfortunately, we don't have any official representative ACURA in our country. I have OEM number of the disc but for some reasons, I didn't find any detailed drawing (as in Brembo) where shows all parameters, size (diameter, height, thickness). I want to find analogs of these disks but without this data it is impossible. I hope for your help, thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to here about your vibration problem.

When I had vibration problem, it was an out of balanced tire. In fact, they couldn't get it balanced. Since it was an original tire, they had to eat the cost.

Normally a warped brake disc will not create vibration except when stopping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to here about your vibration problem.

When I had vibration problem, it was an out of balanced tire. In fact, they couldn't get it balanced. Since it was an original tire, they had to eat the cost.

Normally a warped brake disc will not create vibration except when stopping.
Exactly, forgot to mention that I feel vibration just in case when I stop my car from 60 mph and above

·
Registered
149 Posts
With that bit of info, as Gonzo said, warped rotor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Verified on the warped rotors, I had the same issue for a long time. Every time I went in for service and they checked the brake pads, they said they were good, but they couldn't see that the inside part of the rotors were warped, causing that vibration. This Sunday past, I put on two new front rotors and drove on them today, noticed the difference immediately, no vibration when stopping. Check your rotors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts