Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using XM radio in the TLX? I found that when I go to manually scroll through the XM radio channels, the list that populates on the screen only starts at the channel I'm currently on, and doesn't let me scroll backwards through the channels only forward.

For example, if I'm listening to channel 50 on XM and want to go to channel 45, I go to the list of channels but it only starts at channel 50 at the top of the list. I have to scroll down with the wheel all the way through the entire channel lineup up to like channel 299 and then after 299 it lists channel 1 and so forth.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Anyone using XM radio in the TLX? I found that when I go to manually scroll through the XM radio channels, the list that populates on the screen only starts at the channel I'm currently on, and doesn't let me scroll backwards through the channels only forward.

For example, if I'm listening to channel 50 on XM and want to go to channel 45, I go to the list of channels but it only starts at channel 50 at the top of the list. I have to scroll down with the wheel all the way through the entire channel lineup up to like channel 299 and then after 299 it lists channel 1 and so forth.
Sounds odd to me. I have scrolled backwards and forwards when I go to the Tuning screen. I spend a lot of time on XM and Audible AudioBooks on my way to and from work.

Maybe your method of tuning if different than mine? I know the initial scroll is limited to your selected stations using the wheel. On the tuning screen I use the arrows on the touch screen.

Let me know when you figure it out. Definitely let me know if I am missing something. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds odd to me. I have scrolled backwards and forwards when I go to the Tuning screen. I spend a lot of time on XM and Audible AudioBooks on my way to and from work.

Maybe your method of tuning if different than mine? I know the initial scroll is limited to your selected stations using the wheel. On the tuning screen I use the arrows on the touch screen.

Let me know when you figure it out. Definitely let me know if I am missing something. :)
If I advance the channels by pushing the arrows on the bottom touch screen with my finger then yes, there's arrows for backwards and forwards, but that is very slow to advance 30-40 channels in either direction.

But if you access the channel list on the TOP screen that lets you scroll through fast with the wheel, then that is the list that won't let me go backwards.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
If I advance the channels by pushing the arrows on the bottom touch screen with my finger then yes, there's arrows for backwards and forwards, but that is very slow to advance 30-40 channels in either direction.

But if you access the channel list on the TOP screen that lets you scroll through fast with the wheel, then that is the list that won't let me go backwards.
While driving to work today, I tried to duplicate your situation.

I might be not understanding the issue.

For me, the top window only displays 12 presets that I can scroll through. I can go forward and backwards. I cannot select any station outside of my presets. My upper list displays with 12 presets with the preset number followed by Ch. 050, as in your example.

In bottom window, I can search for any channel without a preset filter.

You can jump to sections by category and then flip back to a station search.

You can also use voice commands to take you right where you want to go.

Once I have a station in my presets, I rarely go looking for stations outside of my presets.

Maybe we can exchange photos or movies of what we both are seeing.

Maybe someone else can understand your situation better than I.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
During lunch I went out to the car and tried again.

There was one step missing within our conversations. We we're looking at two different displays on the upper screen.

This afternoon I brought up XM and hit the menu button. I selected Channel List. I believe I now see the same screen as you.

I did find that it takes time for the list to populate fully. Once populated, it will scroll backwards. The delay is quite long.

At first I just kept twisting the knob backwards and found it to work. Then I just waited for a minute and it went backwards as well.

Apparently, I was looking at the default presets list while you were looking at the channel list. Thanks for showing me something new. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
During lunch I went out to the car and tried again.

There was one step missing within our conversations. We we're looking at two different displays on the upper screen.

This afternoon I brought up XM and hit the menu button. I selected Channel List. I believe I now see the same screen as you.

I did find that it takes time for the list to populate fully. Once populated, it will scroll backwards. The delay is quite long.

At first I just kept twisting the knob backwards and found it to work. Then I just waited for a minute and it went backwards as well.

Apparently, I was looking at the default presets list while you were looking at the channel list. Thanks for showing me something new. :)
Hmm OK. It sounds like I just need to wait a minute for all the channels to populate before I start scrolling backwards with the wheel. OK thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hmm OK. It sounds like I just need to wait a minute for all the channels to populate before I start scrolling backwards with the wheel. OK thanks.
Have you found this to work? I'm having the exact same issue.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I think the channels are also set by type of music and depending on how that feature is set, it wont scroll normally. I think lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts