Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have a TLX SH-AWD Elite since October. I like my car, and it is very fun to drive! On 29 December, the dealer replaced the driver's side mirror because the light (LED) stop working. However, the same problem have just reproduce, and on the same mirror that was replaced. I think it would be surprising if this problem is due to the mirror, but rather to an electrical problem.

Is anyone among you experienced the same problem?

Best regards!

Andre

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Hi,

I have a TLX SH-AWD Elite since October. I love my car, and it is very fun to drive! On 29 December, the dealer replaced the driver's side mirror because the light (LED) stop working. However, the same problem have just reproduce, and on the same mirror that was replaced. I think it would be surprising if this problem is due to the mirror, but rather to an electrical problem.

Is anyone among you experienced the same problem?

Best regards!

Andre
Turn signal or puddle light?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
It's the puddle light.
I did remember someone saying that their driver's side puddle light didn't work. I cannot remember the outcome, but I thought he got it fixed.
I don't have puddle lights so I didn't store away the info for later. Maybe do a search for "puddle lights". It's not a big topic like "transmission" :)

Definitely don't worry about it too much since the car is under warranty.

·
Registered
681 Posts
No issues with mine, 2 months in. Lots of city driving. filament bulbs usually fail with the sudden inrush/heat stress when turned on.

Can the dealer provide an led equivalent? Changing the whole mirror is overkill if its a bulb issue.

·
Registered
168 Posts
my passenger side puddle light has never worked. i will ask the dealer to fix it at my first oil change. (i had mentioned this before)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In fact, I forgot to tell you that there are three problems with the mirror. It is for these reasons that the dealer decided to replace it.

- Puddle light stop working;
- The mirror was making noise when folded;
- The mirror vibrated once during the adjustment

Also, I noticed the puddle of light problem occurs after some retraction of the mirror.

The dealer has never seen this kind of problem with puddle light. Tomorrow I have an appointment at a dealer for my problem. I'll keep you informed about the diagnosis and resolution.

Excuse me for my English.

Thank you for your answers!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Looking forward to the update. Google translate could not have done a better job, so no apology necessary.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I'm back from the dealer and the problem is solved with the puddle light. The problem was solved by replacing the LED. It's still strange that LED do not work more than a few weeks, especially when operating a few seconds per day. The dealer also find it very curious. There are currently three cases listed in Canada.

The question now is this:

How long this LED will work?

I will keep you informed of the progress of my new LED.

Thank you for your answers!

Best regards!

Andre

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.