Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Acura TLX Base
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new to me 2019 Acura TLX Base....

Codes point to a problem with the Gas Cap.. but I don't have a gas cap.

Driving and random go this check engine light.. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I just recently went through the very same situation.

After what I have read on this forum, I had my battery check at 2 different places and my battery check BAD at both. I bought a new battery and installed it.

I haven't had the problem since.

·
Registered
2019 Acura TLX Base
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I been also reading and also hearing fuel filler neck needs to be replaced… the car is going to the dealer on Friday to change out the fuel pump (recall).. I will have them look at this as well

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
PROBLEM SOLVED.

The fuel filler neck need to be replace since it was stuck open.

I think is the part.
It is great that you got it taken care of while still under warranty.

As for the bad battery problem I had, you would have thought that Acura would have put in a "Check Battery" warning. I am sure that it sensed the battery problem earlier when I was getting the partial shutdowns. That way it could have been fixed before the dreaded "Complete System Shutdown."

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bad battery check? Dont know of any manufacturer that has that type of diagnostic other than charging system notice.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Bad battery check? Dont know of any manufacturer that has that type of diagnostic other than charging system notice.
Of course they don't that would be too simple.

Believe it or not, the 2015 TLX had the message. It displayed: "REPLACE 12 VOLT BATTERY"

Since they took it away I guess that they want you to take it to the dealer so that they can charge big bucks to play with it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have a new to me 2019 Acura TLX Base....

Codes point to a problem with the Gas Cap.. but I don't have a gas cap.

Driving and random go this check engine light.. Any ideas? View attachment 26315 View attachment 26316 View attachment 26317

2019 TLX less than 14,000 miles. Same conditions (RED Break light also flashes). The dealership told me there were EVAP Codes and performed a Fuel Filler Neck replacement. The alerts cleared for 4 days and came back. Another examination and they indicated they would need to do further replacements. It has been two weeks with me calling back to check on parts arrival. They indicate they are having problems obtaining parts.
You can watch YouTube videos where people are driving down the road, on cruse control, and the vehicle shifts gears. I have not had that experience. The dealership indicates I can continue to drive the vehicle with no problem.... except one would never be able to determine if there is a 'real' engine issue.
One additional item: After the filler neck maintenance was performed, I filled my tank. I noticed a strong gas smell in the garage.(?) I did not try to top off the tank. Normal auto shut-off like over the past two years. I will perform another fill up before long and will have to inform the dealership of this if it continues.
Please let me know if anyone has finally had this issue rectified. Thanks for sharing.
Trip computer Speedometer Odometer Gauge Tachometer

·
Registered
2019 Acura TLX Base
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ouch sorry to hear that. When they change the fuel filler kneck for me, I did not notice any strong smell of gas in my garage.

I would be curious on what the additional parts are need to fix your issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'll let you know what additional parts were needed. Called the dealership and they indicated they are still having problems obtaining parts. It has been over three weeks. Anyone else having this issue and has it been rectified? Maybe the moderator can provide some insights to whether or not dealerships are having issues getting parts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did they at least provide a loaner?
Sorry I didn't clarify that issue. They indicated that a while there may be a slight difference in gas mileage, the vehicle is safe to drive and there should be no issues.... of course, one would not be able to tell if there was a real engine warning/issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
View attachment 26499
2019 TLX less than 14,000 miles. Same conditions (RED Break light also flashes). The dealership told me there were EVAP Codes and performed a Fuel Filler Neck replacement. The alerts cleared for 4 days and came back. Another examination and they indicated they would need to do further replacements. It has been two weeks with me calling back to check on parts arrival. They indicate they are having problems obtaining parts.
You can watch YouTube videos where people are driving down the road, on cruse control, and the vehicle shifts gears. I have not had that experience. The dealership indicates I can continue to drive the vehicle with no problem.... except one would never be able to determine if there is a 'real' engine issue.
One additional item: After the filler neck maintenance was performed, I filled my tank. I noticed a strong gas smell in the garage.(?) I did not try to top off the tank. Normal auto shut-off like over the past two years. I will perform another fill up before long and will have to inform the dealership of this if it continues.
Please let me know if anyone has finally had this issue rectified. Thanks for sharing. View attachment 26499
Forgot to mention!!!!!!...Randomly, after starting the TLX and shifting to drive, the car will not move. Today was the third time this has occurred. Yes, the lights continue to be lit but this action is random. One does not know when this will occur. Today I was out of state when it happened. Is there a site monitor that has insights or are you also ignoring the issue?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did they at least provide a loaner?
I hope you saw my previous responses. Hear is the latest.
After a month, my TLX was returned. It was fine for two weeks then the alarms came back in. I have an appointment this Thursday. It was recommended that I contact Acura Customer Care by another Forum writer and I responded to him...

I contacted Acura Customer care (Honda). They took notes and said that if it is not rectified on the next attempt that I should contact them and a management review would be performed. Again, Acura Customer Care (ACC) would not acknowledge that others are having the same problem. The operator said she has seen no other similar issues.
If more people that call ACC describing this issue, the less opportunity they will be able to deny it. They don't want to hear about the numerous YouTube/Google videos.
Acura Customer Care (Honda) phone number is 1-800-382-2238. If you need, I can provide you with my case# if they deny similar reports. Wonder what they will say then. !!!!!!!
Please let me know what you find.
Thank you for your insights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts