Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone is excited about the TLX.
As an employee for Acura, even if I want to purchase one I have to get it at M.S.R.P. All Acura dealers have been given this instruction and no discounts what so ever until further notice...!

So, for those of you looking to order one, if we can't help you on price, perhaps I can help you out with your trade in value, financing, accessories, etc...

If you're in the Bay Area or Northern California, I'd like the opportunity to earn your business....We can always pre-qualify you for an auto loan.

Apply online at www.mikeharveyacura.com

Comments: Attention "Bobby Kwok" - TLX FORUMS....

We are still waiting for the four cylinders to come in so come get yours today..!

PM me if you have any questions ....I'm here to assist you with your purchase...!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know everyone is excited about the TLX.
As an employee for Acura, even if I want to purchase one I have to get it at M.S.R.P. All Acura dealers have been given this instruction and no discounts what so ever until further notice...!

So, for those of you looking to order one, if we can't help you on price, perhaps I can help you out with your trade in value, financing, accessories, etc...

If you're in the Bay Area or Northern California, I'd like the opportunity to earn your business....We can always pre-qualify you for an auto loan.

Apply online at www.mikeharveyacura.com

Comments: Attention "Bobby Kwok" - TLX FORUMS....

We are still waiting for the four cylinders to come in so come get yours today..!

PM me if you have any questions ....I'm here to assist you with your purchase...!
Interesting enough because I got $1,100 bellow the M.S.R.P. deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went to 5 Acura dealers, 3 quoted me price 1,000 below MSRP and I bought it at a forth for 1500 under MSRP. This op is misleading, as I also got online quotes below MSRP, the dealer has holdback, allowances and incentives that allows them to set prices and make deals. I called Acura in Torrance and they gave me some of that info and noted dealers work out their own price. Every dealer went below MSRP except one, which is the one in a filthy rich neighborhood in my area.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks like someone has been breaking rules. I wonder if that came out of the guy's commission.
I'm not sure it did. The sale's guy was excited that I preordered the AWD in Advance package, the very first one in their dealership. He'll probably get a reward for that LoL!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Well hold on before we come down on Bobby lets consider that he was simply relaying information that Acura Head Office sent out to dealers. He was not reporting real world happenings simply what he had been informed by HQ...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Are American Acura's franchises like Canada?
If so, not much chance HQ will be giving any orders like that...this isn't the corperate world of Mercedes!
They give MSRP's and its the franchises that dictate what they earn themselves (what's between list and MSRP).
They might have put a memo out to say hold gross or whatever but no instructions to say 'no discounts what so ever until further notice'. This is not a stance Acura takes with its dealer network.

I'm not coming down on him but he doesn't ring too true, especially as I have a friend who works for Acura and they can buy cars under MSRP! I can get one under MSRP from him and I don't even work there!!
I would actually be amazed if any car salesman/employee for ANY manufacturer couldn't get a new car under MSRP...maybe on new releases (like the TLX) you would have to wait but he didn't say that, he said they can't even get discounts.
There is definately a fishy smell coming out of san francisco bay!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.