Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went today to the Acura dealer in New Brunswick.
Having looked at the web site extensively, I was aware of the offer fr a Cash purchase at $1000 off MSRP.
The dealer tells me this is only available to existing Honda/Acura lease holders.
Nowhere on the page listing the price is this mentioned.
Am I missing something on the web site, or are these guys lying?

Walked away after hearing that the only incentive is a set of Michelin Winter tires, no wheels, which are "valued " by the dealer at $1000.

Another poor car buying experience.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I do know that Honda Canada finance offers existing customers a percentage point off of either a lease or finance. It might be something along those lines.

Hopefully you could check with another dealer. I know there is probably only one in Moncton. Maybe call the one in Halifax to see if they could do any better. Might be worth the drive if they work with you a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I do know that Honda Canada finance offers existing customers a percentage point off of either a lease or finance. It might be something along those lines.

Hopefully you could check with another dealer. I know there is probably only one in Moncton. Maybe call the one in Halifax to see if they could do any better. Might be worth the drive if they work with you a bit.

He's right. Also one of my friend who works for a dealer told me if the customer is out of the area, it REALLY helps them, and it will really hurt the other dealer, so you might actually get a really good deal if you do that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It amazes me that the dealers think we are so ill informed , and try to blow smoke up our [email protected]@.
The company itself shows MSRP on a 4 cylanderTech of $38690, and a cash purchase price of $37690, why would any business try to tell someone that's not correct.
Moncton Acura won't sell me a car.
Either they are dishonest or stupid. Neither quality I want in a car dealer!

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
That is poor business for sure. I would think if you went to another dealer and explain your experience they would help you out. Being the only Acura dealer in the province gives them that leverage I guess.

·
Registered
727 Posts
That is poor business for sure. I would think if you went to another dealer and explain your experience they would help you out. Being the only Acura dealer in the province gives them that leverage I guess.

i bet they would, not all dealers are horrible, some really focus on the customer experience.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Exactly. If i don't feel that right away when I walk in, I walk out.... if I'm going to spend 40k, better have some darn good service come with it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
considering the dealers make way more money on us AFTER we buy the car, you would think on boarding you would be job one and retention one A....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went today to the Acura dealer in New Brunswick.
Having looked at the web site extensively, I was aware of the offer fr a Cash purchase at $1000 off MSRP.
The dealer tells me this is only available to existing Honda/Acura lease holders.
Nowhere on the page listing the price is this mentioned.
Am I missing something on the web site, or are these guys lying?

Walked away after hearing that the only incentive is a set of Michelin Winter tires, no wheels, which are "valued " by the dealer at $1000.

Another poor car buying experience.
You did the right thing for walking away. Right now, TLX is selling like pancakes and maybe that dealer is selling them with giving the customer any slack.

Try going to this website. www.unhaggle.com

Its free and it'll give the cost price of the tlx and othrer incentives. I used this website and i got 4% off ticketed price and i ask them to give me the all season matts and trunk for free.

Good luck and i hope you'll find a right dealer and get a decent deal.

·
Registered
438 Posts
hi, lurker for the past 24 hours and decided to jump in

prospective TLX SH-AWD buyer in toronto. i know i am a bit late in the game with the free 2 yr maintenance incentive, but i was wondering what will be a good negotiating price for the TLX SH-AWD TECH

i have done my unhaggle report, but i worry that the dealers wont budge on negotiating or brush off any incentives (right now there is $2000 incentive for cash payments) since the car is still very new or not even yet available. is that the case for acura dealers in the past?

i am also coming from a 2001 acura EL with 210,000km on it. will they take it in as a trade-in or is it too old with too much mileage?

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi, lurker for the past 24 hours and decided to jump in

prospective TLX SH-AWD buyer in toronto. i know i am a bit late in the game with the free 2 yr maintenance incentive, but i was wondering what will be a good negotiating price for the TLX SH-AWD TECH

i have done my unhaggle report, but i worry that the dealers wont budge on negotiating or brush off any incentives (right now there is $2000 incentive for cash payments) since the car is still very new or not even yet available. is that the case for acura dealers in the past?

i am also coming from a 2001 acura EL with 210,000km on it. will they take it in as a trade-in or is it too old with too much mileage?
I got more than 2000 discount of a 4 yrs lease for shawd tech plus 2% loyalty discount on interest.:D

·
Registered
438 Posts
i will be paying cash actually...

·
Registered
13 Posts
i will be paying cash actually...
I think you can get at least 2500 off for a cash purchase. My dealer is north Toronto Acura, I have bought 4 acuras from them. You have to be patient to negotiate with them, the sales just keep running to his manager, I think it's kind of funny way to waste my time. why the manager cannot speak directly to me.
If you go, you can look for Roger, mention Sui refer you to him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts