Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 2015 TLX 4cyl base, Black on Black in NY as dealers only had 1 or 2 on lot that were being used for test drives. I was told it would be 30 days and I paid $30,400 with outside financing at 1.7% (Very difficult to negotiate and some dealers refused to even budge on the list price). They wanted a deposit, and I put $1,000 on 0% credit card. Just positing for information and any opinions on the deal, as family says I put too much of a deposit for a car that is on order. I am curious to see what the Acura gurus have to say on this. Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered a 2015 TLX 4cyl base, Black on Black in NY as dealers only had 1 or 2 on lot that were being used for test drives. I was told it would be 30 days and I paid $30,400 with outside financing at 1.7% (Very difficult to negotiate and some dealers refused to even budge on the list price). They wanted a deposit, and I put $1,000 on 0% credit card. Just positing for information and any opinions on the deal, as family says I put too much of a deposit for a car that is on order. I am curious to see what the Acura gurus have to say on this. Thanks for any feedback.
My sales guy wanted 1000 down to get a White/Espresso V6 Advance. I'll start they buying process by month end. Just about everything I've seen says the dealers are not budging on the price, it's MSRP - loyalty money of 500 or 1000. No one is going to get anything near invoice for a while.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
My sales guy wanted 1000 down to get a White/Espresso V6 Advance. I'll start they buying process by month end. Just about everything I've seen says the dealers are not budging on the price, it's MSRP - loyalty money of 500 or 1000. No one is going to get anything near invoice for a while.
I only put $100 deposit on mine and I got $500 loyalty rebate.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's why I say screw it, I'll talk to you in 6 months when all the fan boys got theirs. There is no reason to pay above invoice these days. This car was not made by God, not that it would matter.

·
Registered
430 Posts
That's why I say screw it, I'll talk to you in 6 months when all the fan boys got theirs. There is no reason to pay above invoice these days. This car was not made by God, not that it would matter.
Yes but God did create Economics, and Economics says that when demand outstrips supply, prices rise. ;):D

I understand what you're saying but there is always someone willing to go over and above for exclusivity. That being said, we have several members with orders in and one or two with the car I believe, none of them have mentioned price gouging...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put down $250 for a 4 cyl, with Tech package (graphite with Graystone int) that is coming off the production line this week. Paid $500 over invoice, signed contract.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes but God did create Economics, and Economics says that when demand outstrips supply, prices rise. ;):D

I understand what you're saying but there is always someone willing to go over and above for exclusivity. That being said, we have several members with orders in and one or two with the car I believe, none of them have mentioned price gouging...
Safe to say they paid close to MSRP, minus whatever loyalty dealer threw at them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.