Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2020 TLX A-Spec -- I like it a lot, though the seats have always felt hard and less than comfortable, and my back always complained a bit after a drive. Today I had to bring it in to fix a rattle, and the loaner they gave me was a 2019 ILX. The seat in that car is so soft and nice, I literally didn't want to get out of it. My back felt better AFTER riding in it for an hour.

It's really gotten me to thinking about ways to make the TLX driver's seat more comfortable -- has anyone had any success with any alterations to the TLX seats, like having them filled with a softer foam? Or, I can't imagine it, but could an ILX seat be made to fit in a TLX? The difference in comfort was so dramatic that I don't think I'd even mind having a Frankenseat.

My TLX is 2k miles in, perhaps do the seats get a bit softer over time? Compared to the ILX, the filling just seems so, so hard and flat.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
729 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on your 2020 A-Spec TLX. There are many adjustments you can apply to the seats. Use the pre-sets (1or 2) to test one setting against another.
Set up 1 and give it a try. Clone it to 2 and make minor adjustments to 2 and save. Give 2 a try. Make minor adjustments and clone it to 1.
Wash-rinse-repeat until you get a setting that seems right for you.
I use 1 for my standard setting (I use that key). I then use 2 for awhile. Unfortunately, my daughter found out that she can save her setting to 2, so I lost that setting. I can't complain, as she is the one that worked at Honda and through whom I got a great discount!
Let us know how you end up.

P.S. I do think that the seats get a little softer with time (at 61k miles, my seat feels just right!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts