Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I could find more documentation on this matter.

A friend's sister reported that she has road noise while driving on the highway. I didn't see anyone report this issue till today. I hope someone can find more information out about it. It would be nice to see in a TSB.

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
That is such a generic statement and gives no clue to even guess at what it could be, The first person to find more information is the friend and even better the owner. A TSB is jumping the gun.

- what is the condition of the road surface
- what speed range does it happen at
- is it constant
- is there any vibration
- is the audio turned off
- what was the outside temperature
- were the windows or sunroof completely closed

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was just informational. If you don't experience the issue, ignore it and move on. :)

A friend's sister was complaining about this issue. She drives on the same nice roads that I do at the same speeds I do. I don't hear road noise, she does. Her TLX is newer than mine.

Just wanted to get the word out. I move this to the complaints section since at the moment, it is more of a complaint that an actual issue. If I find more documentation, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have had my TLX for two weeks and it is very quiet compared with the two TSX's I previously drove and my wife's 2008 TL. If I make a concerted effort to listen for it I can hear a little road noise but it isn't noticeable unless I am specifically listening for it. My suggestions would be if it is really bad for her to take it back to the Acura dealer and have a technician test drive it under the conditions she specifies to see if he can find it. If it is not so bad, she should wait until her next scheduled maintenance visit and mention it to them and have them take the test drive. My Aura dealer is very good about checking out such complaints. I live 50 miles from my dealer and noticed a slight noise with my wife's TL a couple of years ago. When I took it in for a routine oil change I happened to mention the noise which didn't seem all that serious. I ended up with a loaner because the mechanic didn't think the car was safe to drive.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Getting the word out is always good, sometimes I notice it brings out people who can relate that never had any engagement on the forum before!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the manual that has the picture of this issue in the first post.

It was posted in Service Bulletin 14-016. ...

http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B14-016.PDF

6. Install the Body Plugs
Install the four body plugs as shown. If they are not installed, the vehicle could make a wind noise that is hard to
diagnose.

Apparently, the holes are used to mount the car to the travel trailer from the factory. Once the car has been delivered to the dealer, it is the job of the dealer to plug these holes when the TQI is performed (Page 6 of 17).

2015 TLX: TQI and New Model Service Information
Supersedes 14-016, dated July 18, 2014, to revise the information highlighted in yellow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.