Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been filling up the HDD with my old CD's. The Album artwork does not show up. But that is another issue.
I now have a nice music collection that I can play on demand. I wanted to Pause playback the other day, but could not find the Pause/Play button!!
There is a Play/Pause button for:
iPod
Pandora
Bluetooth Audio
Aha Radio

But not for HDD or CD

Am I missing something? Why would this feature not be available when playing a CD of the HDD?

Reactions: chapel1

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I believe there is no artwork in CD mode.

To pause, turn off audio power or select another audio source and pause that. Definitely not a fix or good work around.

I found that you can mute but not pause CD playback.

If someone found a way, please let us know. :)

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I just checked the owners manual as well as the different voice commands and neither list a pause option for CDs or the HDD. It looks as though it can't be done. Strange.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well I have been filling up the HDD with my old CD's. The Album artwork does not show up. But that is another issue.
I now have a nice music collection that I can play on demand. I wanted to Pause playback the other day, but could not find the Pause/Play button!!
There is a Play/Pause button for:
iPod
Pandora
Bluetooth Audio
Aha Radio

But not for HDD or CD

Am I missing something? Why would this feature not be available when playing a CD of the HDD?

Try pushing the round volume scroll button to pause and push again to play. Push to the left or right to go to next music track.

·
Super Moderator
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try pushing the round volume scroll button to pause and push again to play. Push to the left or right to go to next music track.
That will only mute the volume level (pushing the round volume scroll button). I just wanted to stop play, have a conversation or pick up something at drive-thru (I really don't use the drive thru!!) and then return to the same place I paused the play of a song (or could be an audio book on CD).

I left this comment in the JD Powers survey I got to fill out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just ran into this problem hoping that there was a solution... Apparently not! It's crazy that we can't pause/rewind/FF HDD or CD tracks. It would be especially helpful for audio books. Anyone come up or discover anything new I'm not aware of? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts