Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was driving my TLX I4 Tech on a narrow, hilly, country road when in the course of about 3 miles I had the FCW system warn me to brake 3 different times. In none of those three times was there any traffic anywhere near me. Could the FCW be warning me of the next approaching hill? I believe I was heading downhill, but not sure, each time. The FCW is set for "Long".

I had a previous FCW warning a while back when I was driving a TLX V6 Tech as a loaner while my TSX was being serviced. In this instance I was on a highway with no vehicles anywhere near me.

What FCW setting are others using?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Happens to me every now and then, in about 8 months probably about 10 times or so. In various weather conditions so no pattern. But never had that many false alarms so close together.
You windscreen has never been replaced has it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the windshield has not been replaced. New car about two weeks old and these are the only warnings I have gotten. When I said I was on a hilly road, I meant hilly, where going down one side you are looking directly at the road going back up the other side. I'm wondering if the car thought I might run into a wall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine has done this also, usually on sharp curves. Sometimes when meeting on coming traffic at a curve.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was told that something like a dragon fly, a bird or if you're rounding a corner in close proximity of shrubbery could also set it off.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine is a Tech so it will warn only - but I did have it go once when a semi with a highly reflective metallic trailer was in the next lane traveling same direction on the interstate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. It just kind of startling when the car beeps at you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine has gone off for road signs, snow banks, curbs, and occasionally cars in other lanes. It doesn't really bother me since I am maintaining situational awareness while driving. I have found that it seems to be more nervous than me when a car slows or stops in front of me.>:D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Never had a false warning in 12k km of driving, but my driving is all highway or good 2-lane roads.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Mine has gone off for road signs, snow banks, curbs, and occasionally cars in other lanes. It doesn't really bother me since I am maintaining situational awareness while driving. I have found that it seems to be more nervous than me when a car slows or stops in front of me.>:D
The few times it went off for me, I was already preparing to brake. Once there was a truck in front of me turning off the road, but I continued to coast toward him. I got the HUD lights and a tug on my seat belt.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I was told that something like a dragon fly, a bird or if you're rounding a corner in close proximity of shrubbery could also set it off.
I have a feeling in the future as self-driving technology develops there could be the chance of sensors that recognize objects/things and ignore or response accordingly to them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was in line at McDonald's the other day, in gear, but stopped, when a pedestrian passed immediately in front of the car. My TLX let me know that there was an "object" moving in front of the car and for me not to move. It was very similar to the beeping pattern when the sensors pick up a close or moving object when I am in reverse. As I said earlier, while I try to maintain situational awareness when I am behind the wheel it is comforting to know the TLX is doing its part. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts