Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sort of 0-60 and quarter mile times are we expecting out of the TLX?

Both the V6 and the new 4 cylinder 8 speed DCT.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do you really think that it will get under 5 seconds? I was thinking right at 5 seconds or a bit above was more realistic. What other cars are these engines used in?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would hope the V6 is quicker than 5 seconds though I have my doubts

maybe low 5s.

the 4 cylinder will be 6s.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Do you really think that it will get under 5 seconds? I was thinking right at 5 seconds or a bit above was more realistic. What other cars are these engines used in?
It's what I hope for, you never know what they might do, maybe they have some way to shave off weight that will help to get some ideal 0-60 time

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike Accavitti, senior vice president of American Honda, also said the upgraded Precision All-Wheel Steer (PAW-S) has been refined to deliver improved performance, while a 25-percent lighter Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) system reduces the weight of the TLX prototype.Sporty like the TSX, but comfy like the TL, Accavitti also claims the TLX prototype is comfy enough to accommodate five adults even though it's nearly 4 inches shorter than the TL.
no numbers but 25% lighter is good news

that awd system isnt light..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the existing TL does it in like 5.4-5.5 seconds i believe

so 5.1 isnt impossible with the new transmission

those numbers from the existing were with the manual transmission though

·
Registered
251 Posts
Would a 0-60 time of 5.1 seconds compete with rivals of the TLX? I think Acura really needs to make sure the TLX can claim it is a performance sedan. I think that it can ride on that and sell units, but only if it is actually true.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
depends who you consider a rival.

the infiniti q50 does it in 5.5 seconds

the is350 is about the same.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just thought that I would bring in this article byBoldride about the TLX. It argues that Acura has quite a task in proving itself against other brands in the World Challenge series.

They say, like we have, "it’s of vital importance that Acura’s new TLX GT do well against stiff competition in a series that’s growing rapidly in popularity."

Acura needs to compete against brands like Porsche, Audi, or Ferrari. "Acura is hoping to prove itself by entering part way through the season and winning against their direct competitors."

I just can't help but thinking that if Acura is is betting on winning races, they may not be great at placing bets.

You can read the full story here --> Acura Tries to Save Itself from Boring with the TLX GT Racer - Boldride.com

·
Registered
251 Posts
It'll be difficult for Acura to beat out vet brands like POrsche Audi and Ferrari, but that will make it all the more impressive if they can do it. It certainly would be a positive news story for Acura and the TLX. Stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
727 Posts
IF they can do it, it will be amazing, not sure what it will do for sales but at the end of the day the Acura is an Acura, can't even compare it to a Porsche or Audi, they are at a whole different level

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am very curious to see how the TLX does

I dont have much hope

But a part of me does want to see them do well.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the TLX is their only model that can be exciting at this point
They axed the TSX.. Now they only have just the TLX and the lame ILX.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Exciting on a mass scale. The RLX and ILX are still exciting to me. If they leverage the TLX right they can turn things around

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the RLX is too heavy to be exciting to me

The ILX has a good engine but the price and lack of some features really take away from it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts