Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this? (Supposedly this is in the manual. Let me know if it works.) On another forum, someone did this to resolve idling issues and vibrations at idle:

Perform the Idle Learn Procedure

To ensure a steady engine idle, perform the idle-learn procedure after installing the No. 29 (10A) fuse. During PDI inspection.

NOTE: The PCM does idle speed adjustment; there is no adjustment screw. Idle-learn must be done whenever you reset, update, or replace the PCM, or replace or clean the throttle body. It does not need to be done after you erase DTCs with the HDS software on ETecH, or after the battery has been disconnected.

1. Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio unit, defogger, lights, etc.) are off.

2. Start the engine with the shift lever in P, parking brake on, and hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm until the radiator fan comes on.

3. Let the engine idle for 10 minutes with the throttle fully closed.

You can turn the car off after 10 minutes. That's it! This is for ALL Honda/Acura's.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sent this to my salesman. He hadn't heard of it, but will pass it along. My car is supposed to arrive on Monday. Want to make sure it's set up correctly. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sent this to my salesman. He hadn't heard of it, but will pass it along. My car is supposed to arrive on Monday. Want to make sure it's set up correctly. Thanks for the info.
i think there's a better chance of your service advisor of knowing about it as they are the ones that deal with the techs face to face

·
Registered
666 Posts
Even the service adviser may not know about it, but the service technical will. They have a standard Acura Pre Delivery Inspection Checklist that contains about 2000 items. One of the items is "Idle learn completed/readiness codes set", and it was not checked on mine. Others not checked were "Clutch operation", "4WD locking/actuate" "IMA auto-stop" and a few others. This leads me to suspect that "Idle learn" either does not apply to the TLX or is now a factory items.

If you are having an idle issue then perform the procedure or get it checked. Did your delivery package include the inspection report?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm pretty sure they would do this standard, as they have to turn it on, rev it, and then leave it idling until it’s at operating temp, that's just a normal PDI procedure (not just TLX), which after reading the above its affectively that...?

I think 2000 is a little excessive on the checklist items, it’s closer to 200 point inspection they do (the PDI document was given on delivery so you can see what was checked).

Not sure we would have the 'IMA Auto' on our cars as that's for the Hybrid you also have the 'IMA Charger/function' option above and 'clutch operation' is for the manual transmission.

Remember that checklist you are reading is standard for all Acura’s (and I think Honda's) so there are going to be stuff on them that is unchecked as it’s not relevant to our vehicle's (no sliding doors on Acura's....not yet anyway ;) )

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hopefully I'll have the car by Wednesday. I'll ask about the inspection report. Looking forward to finally driving the vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts