Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with peeling paint on center caps after a car wash? This has happened 3x now. The dealer replaced two times but does not want to replace again. Car wash is sending me $$ to replace; however, I feel like this is a paint problem. I called a local body shop and they say it’s a paint adhesion issue. Any thoughts or suggestions — will likely happen again?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I have the same wheels, but on a 2015. I have not seem any such issues. I do have winter tires and wheels, so these (Acura) wheels only see the "no-salt" seasons in Western New York.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Acura and Honda anything paint related. It's a soft subject. At least it's on the wheels. I have mysterious marks on my 19 white paint in spots. I contacted corporate and they blew it off quickly. Told me to go to a dealership service dept to have it looked at. I realize it has to be seen in person but from a luxury brand you'd expect a little more service from corporate. I sent at least one photo to them. Then there is a wonder why Acura is never looked at as a full luxury brand like Lexus, BMW, Audi, and Mercedes. It's up to Acura to change that. Though I also hear that BMW paint is not the best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, corporate blew me off too. And, yes, not what I would expect from Acura. I took it this weekend to a dealership hoping to get a resolution from the District Service Manager, but no guarantees that he or she will do anything either.

·
Premium Member
4,988 Posts
If your car is under warranty, I can’t see why they are pushing back unless they can show there was a chip in the paint from road debris or something. Is it all caps, or just one?

I’ve run Acura center caps in my winter wheels for quite a few Canadian winters and never has an issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s one now, but this is the third time this has occurred. Two the first time and two the second. All but one has been replaced. The dealership says they aren’t covered by warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts