Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just cruising through the TLX configurator on Acura.ca I noticed that paint options are restriced by trim levels. Of course this isn't NEW practice, but what is surprising is how vapid the options are on the lower rungs!

On the Base TLX you're only options are Bellanova White Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Graphite Luster Metallic and Slate Silver Metallic.

The TLX Tech adds Basque Red Pearl II, Black Copper Pearl and Obsdian Blue Pearl to the Base options.

With the TLX SH-AWD you're back to the base options of Bellanova White Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Graphite Luster Metallic and Slate Silver Metallic.

TLX V6 Tech offers the same as the 4 cylinder tech pack: Basque Red Pearl II, Black Copper Pearl and Obsdian Blue Pearl, Bellanova White Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Graphite Luster Metallic and Slate Silver Metallic.

TLX SH-AWD, V6 Elite and SH-AWD ELITE all offer the full range of options.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've always been annoyed when companies do this. Just give us the car in the color we want. It's not like people are going to buy a package just to get a paint color. At least give people the option to spend a little more to get a paint color they like if its not offered in their trim level.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Just cruising through the TLX configurator on Acura.ca I noticed that paint options are restriced by trim levels. Of course this isn't NEW practice, but what is surprising is how vapid the options are on the lower rungs!

On the Base TLX you're only options are Bellanova White Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Graphite Luster Metallic and Slate Silver Metallic.

The TLX Tech adds Basque Red Pearl II, Black Copper Pearl and Obsdian Blue Pearl to the Base options.

With the TLX SH-AWD you're back to the base options of Bellanova White Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Graphite Luster Metallic and Slate Silver Metallic.

TLX V6 Tech offers the same as the 4 cylinder tech pack: Basque Red Pearl II, Black Copper Pearl and Obsdian Blue Pearl, Bellanova White Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl, Graphite Luster Metallic and Slate Silver Metallic.

TLX SH-AWD, V6 Elite and SH-AWD ELITE all offer the full range of options.
I wonder is this will be the same in the USA? I cannot locate any useful USA websites.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The US always have a wider range but for Canada this is nothing new. TL was the same as is the ILX and the TSX was too for the lower trims. Acura has always done it in Canada for the base models.

Remember, they don't want you buying the base model!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm even willing to pay extra for the color that I want, but they put it in a package with other crap I don't want. It's an annoying business practice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.