Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dislike seeing almost duplicate posts, especially on the same day (and usually reporting a problem - which not not make the problem go away). So I thought I would contribute a positive post even though I have done so in the past.

It's been over 4 months of ownership for me and with the exception of having the battery replaced the car is almost perfect. I am hoping that the ODMD/Navigaion update will be available when I go in for the transmission recall check, which I expect that it will pass. If it does not then it will be fixed, just a minor inconvenience. Hearing about the other problems makes me wonder it is the same car as mine. I do not buy into the Wednesday vs Friday build theory, and would really like to hear the inside story from Acura, but that will never happen.

All I need now is a good wash to get rid of the salt and grime. Maybe I will do it on my way home tonight even though the temperature is dropping to -16C overnight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad for your positive comments but...

I am glad for all the great posts, but unfortunately, I cannot agree based on my experiences. I have had the software updated 4 times and my TLX Tech 4 since October and it continues to lag and jerk its way around town. I am sick about it. I was baited out of my TSX (fabulous car!) early to get a supposed great deal on the latest and greatest new Acura. Big mistake! My dealer said they would make it right. If I traded it in on an RDX, I would be $5k upside down. The first 4 Acura's I have owned/leased were terrific. This one has been awful. I'm amazed that they cannot fix the jerky transmission. I was even told by their national service guy that this is the way it was designed-to feel like a manual transmission! It's almost comical if it weren't so expensive! I'm happy for you guys, and a little jealous, but this is my last Acura.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.