Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what happens when a fast driving Uber, changes lanes while another car, mine, is occupying the same space. Mind you I even had swerved away from him when I saw him come into my lane so it could have been worse... Estimated repair $5300.

Lucky I have a dash cam so if his story doesn't match we have evidence I didn't change or move into his lane but he moved into mine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Sorry to see what happened. Maybe you could load the dash cam footage?

·
Super Moderator
719 Posts
Ah, sorry to see that happen to you. It nearly happened to me a couple of years ago and at the last minute, the driver saw that she was about to try and displace me and swerved back to the left. I nearly peed in my pants! I swear the car was less than 2 inches from me when she realized her mistake. Good luck with the repair!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am hopeful as I had a similar accident on the passenger side (which is why I got a dash cam after that as that lady said I went into her but I didn't).

Good news is the insurance approved to replace both doors with Acura parts. So hopefully the body can do another great job like they did on the passenger side. Still waiting to hear from the other party's insurance.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Which dash cam did you get?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Glad to see it's just the doors, and that you had dashcam footage to confirm your story if needed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
An unfortunate tale of woe! The real rub is that you'll take a hit on the resale value for someone else's stupidity.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts