Acura TLX Forum banner

161 - 180 of 218 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
I looked at the pics online and at a local tint shop in Nazareth PA. First time using them so I will post some pics once the haze goes away in a few days. So far impressed with the job. I was on the fence to do 20 or 35 as my previous car had 20 and loved the look of it. However, at night in low light conditions it was challenging to see out the side window and almost hopped a divider once so went with 35. These pics look dark as the sun had just gone down but will take some during the day, gives it a nice gentle shading look like others stated on here. I did think about doing the back window with 20, but really wanted to be able to see out well at night when backing up. Thanks to those of you who posted pics already as it helped me decide what to do.
Looks good. Looks darker than 35 but it is probably just the lighting like you said.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have not, watching the guys at tint shops over the past few years, definitely a trade/skill to learn. Keep us posted how you make out.

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Tint kits from ebay? Has anybody tried these? I ordered one for $30 I'm a handy guy figured I'll give it a shot
I've seen some bad tint jobs which is why I would leave it to the pros. Having said that, maybe you'll luck out. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
What would you guys get in places that you're not allowed to do the fronts? 30% rear? I think it would look ridiculous if it's too dark. I need help on this haha.

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
What would you guys get in places that you're not allowed to do the fronts? 30% rear? I think it would look ridiculous if it's too dark. I need help on this haha.

I agree that the contrast would look strange. Maybe 50%?

They are enforcing the tint laws here a lot more lately which is why I decided not to do the TLX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here are some before and after pictures I have saved in my phone.

I have the Crystal Black Pearl V6 package.
20% tints on front doors, rear doors, and rear windshield. Front Windshield at 50%.

*the first two pictures are before, the rest are after*

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Here are some before and after pictures I have saved in my phone.

I have the Crystal Black Pearl V6 package.
20% tints on front doors, rear doors, and rear windshield. Front Windshield at 50%.

*the first two pictures are before, the rest are after*
Looks good. Welcome to the forum. Consider doing an intro post in the TLX Owners thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
5%

No pictures to share yet. Slate Silver Metallic V6 Tech Pkg. Went ahead, decided on 5% tint on front, back, and rear windows. I notice this color has a hint of blue to it. I don't like that. I want it more of a silver, so hopefully this tint brings that out. I wish I would've read this thread before about visibility issues on darker tint. Yes there are restrictions in my state. However, I wanted to be bad>:D! I hope it doesn't cost me in the long run. I cannot wait to see what she looks like!!! Took vehicle to Custom Sounds, $216. Will post pictures once I pick her up. If I am caught...I can always remove the front two window tint and I would be in compliance.

·
Registered
161 Posts
No pictures to share yet. Slate Silver Metallic V6 Tech Pkg. Went ahead, decided on 5% tint on front, back, and rear windows. I notice this color has a hint of blue to it. I don't like that. I want it more of a silver, so hopefully this tint brings that out. I wish I would've read this thread before about visibility issues on darker tint. Yes there are restrictions in my state. However, I wanted to be bad>:D! I hope it doesn't cost me in the long run. I cannot wait to see what she looks like!!! Took vehicle to Custom Sounds, $216. Will post pictures once I pick her up. If I am caught...I can always remove the front two window tint and I would be in compliance.
Woah, yeah you're going to be DARK, like limo tint dark. GL avoiding the 5-0.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2013 Tl had 5% all around and a 5% brow on the front. On my 16 TLX I went 35% full windshield and 5% on all the rest. With having the windshield done it gives it a much cleaner look. Yes I am aware it is illegal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
35% on Graystone

Hey all - just moved from a TL to a TLX - so first post! I'm wondering if anyone has put 35% on their car with the graystone interior. I've had it on cars with black interiors, but never on a car with a light interior. For those cars, it was dark enough for me. I'm wondering how it turned out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey all - just moved from a TL to a TLX - so first post! I'm wondering if anyone has put 35% on their car with the graystone interior. I've had it on cars with black interiors, but never on a car with a light interior. For those cars, it was dark enough for me. I'm wondering how it turned out.
Check out my pics two pages earlier.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. :)

Please tell us more about yourself and about your new TLX.

Maybe post a expanded hello in the Owner's check in area. It's always good and fun to hear of other's experiences with their TLX.

I did get 35% on the sides and 15% on the back. I have the parchment interior. Sure does cut down on the heat.

161 - 180 of 218 Posts