Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm about to pick up my TLX on Friday :)D) and will be putting on a set of winter tires. I want to use a set of rims that I already have (17x7 ET45), but I'm unsure about the offset. My dealer couldn't give me the info either. Does anyone know what the offset is on the stock 17" wheel?

Thanks!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I believe it is 50.

I have seen a picture online (don't remeber where) that had the 17x7 1/2 stamped on the inside of the 17" wheel along with a 50 right next to it.

Also, the 18x7 1/2 wheel also has an offset of 50 per the installation instructions.
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/BII51427.PDF

EDIT: Just remembered where I saw the picture of the stamp on the 17" wheels...eBay.
17" 2015 Acura TLX Factory Wheels Set of 4 with Lug Nuts and Locks | eBay

Another thing you could do is go to tirerack.com and see if there are any 17x7 wheels they say fit the TLX and see what their offset is. If there are any with an offset of 45 then I would think that you would be fine.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hey everyone,

I'm about to pick up my TLX on Friday :)D) and will be putting on a set of winter tires. I want to use a set of rims that I already have (17x7 ET45), but I'm unsure about the offset. My dealer couldn't give me the info either. Does anyone know what the offset is on the stock 17" wheel?

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum! I am glad to see you made your first post.

I am also glad others stepped in to answer your questions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up going for a winter tire package with a dealership to play it safe. I had heard that some aftermarket wheels don't necessarily work well with TPMS sensors (they leak), so I didn't want to risk it. The cost worked out to be close enough too. Pick up is in 2 hours! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts