Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my odometer is clicking miles much farther than I believe i'm driving. (call me crazy) I went to target .5 miles away and my odometer clocked my round trip at 4 miles. I'm just noticing its just seems to be logging more miles than i'm driving. anyone have any odometer issues?
v6 tech package.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I noticed my odometer is clicking miles much farther than I believe i'm driving. (call me crazy) I went to target .5 miles away and my odometer clocked my round trip at 4 miles. I'm just noticing its just seems to be logging more miles than i'm driving. anyone have any odometer issues?
v6 tech package.
Maybe you have TLXitis, where you accidentally drive further than required in order to do the most basic of tasks. I hear it is very contagious.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
v6 tech package.
It's probably like Wes says. You are still getting used to an amazing ride. ;)

If not, the dealer can take car of it.

Maybe to double-check, you can check using mile markers on the turnpike or highway and a watch?

·
Registered
681 Posts
or the onboard Navi, if you have it. Set a destination, mark the Navi range to destination, then follow the path and measure it.

Or - are you sure you are in miles, and not km?

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
We have a measured mile stretch of road here. There is a start and then ticks at each 1/10th of a mile and then an "End of measured mile" sign. Our stretch is very straight. If you use the highway mile markers, stay in the outside lane.

But I do think it may be TLXitis!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah, I think so too. It is clocking more miles than it should because my daily commute to work (32 miles, 40 minutes) feels like 15 minutes in TLX but still it clocks 32 miles, is there something wrong with my TLX? :)

Reactions: gary325

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Thanks for the giggle this morning!!
I have a short commute.
Route 1: all side roads (boring...) ~5 miles
Route 2: onto the interstate, 65 all the way, then the last stretch I can get to 110 prior to a very sharp 90 degree turn. ~10 miles

Duration: same

Route 2 when I feel the need for speed

Attachments

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Confirm with basic time over distance and speed... set basic cruise control to 60MPH... drive for 2 minutes.... does the odo show 2 miles? Then try at 120MPH... does the odo show 1 mile and the rear view mirror have any blue flashers? If so all is normal.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't know about the TLX GPS, but a phone GPS or portable car GPS can measure how many miles you have driven. I would compare that information to your odometer before and after you drive.

Did you buy aftermarket wheels for the car which are larger than 18"? Larger rims can throw off your speedometer and odometer by 10%. Only the dealer can recalibrate the speedometer so it correctly measures your speed properly (and then the odometer works correctly).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea I totally agree with this. I am coming up on my 5 year anniversary date of buying the car. (Oct. 30th) and strangely the car is almost going to hit 75000 miles at exactly that day. That is an average of 40 miles driven a day. I have been working from home for the last 18 months and so there really is no way I have driven the car this many miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts