Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I have discovered an odd leak coming from under my car tonight after parking, I took a video of it but don't seem to know what kinda leak this is? any handy mechanics or other Acura enthusiasts can tell me what this is?

Video Below
2021-06-06 01.41.14

·
Super Moderator
790 Posts
Difficult to tell the color and consistency on a black background. Go ahead and touch it. Is it water or oil? Did you just have an oil change done? Could also be from the A/C drain tube. Next best thing would be to remove the plastic shield and see exactly where it is leaking from. Fluids can travel very far on all the plastic panels under the vehicle.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Difficult to tell the color and consistency on a black background. Go ahead and touch it. Is it water or oil? Did you just have an oil change done? Could also be from the A/C drain tube. Next best thing would be to remove the plastic shield and see exactly where it is leaking from. Fluids can travel very far on all the plastic panels under the vehicle.
I believe it was A/C drain... I did put some on my hand last night and it smelled like nothing didn't feel like oil either. I had an oil change done about 2 months ago on April 12th, 2021 at the same Acura dealership I bought my car from. Might be the A/C drain tube so I presume that's normal?

I will say I was running the A/C alot yesterday as it was over 90 degrees

·
Registered
2019 Acura TLX Base
29 Posts
A/C drainage usually get routed properly so it does not flow on to the splash shield and undercarriage covers....
There is some plastic tubing that routes it direct to the ground. Maye the plastic tubing is broke?

Are you sure it is not coolant? Is it clear?

I would recommend taking the paneling off and taking a look.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A/C drainage usually get routed properly so it does not flow on to the splash shield and undercarriage covers....
There is some plastic tubing that routes it direct to the ground. Maye the plastic tubing is broke?

Are you sure it is not coolant? Is it clear?

I would recommend taking the paneling off and taking a look.
It didn’t seem like coolant as it would’ve had a smell to it in my experience, I went outside earlier today and there was no leaks at all so, I don’t have the tools to take the paneling off so should I have a dealer look at it I suppose?

·
Registered
2019 Acura TLX Base
29 Posts
It didn’t seem like coolant as it would’ve had a smell to it in my experience, I went outside earlier today and there was no leaks at all so, I don’t have the tools to take the paneling off so should I have a dealer look at it I suppose?
Get it on some jacks stands and take a look. Get a baseline of where things are...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts