Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sept sales were 3884. I think the big increase is due to dealer inventories. For most of Sept my closest dealer had only a handful of cars on any given day. Today they have 19.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is easily the best new product launch that Acura has had in a long time. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
People have slanted views. The TLX is pretty much an Accord. The Accord has won 25+ C&D top 10 awards, more then any other car ever and is great for being best in its class. The TLX is a more luxurious version all around. Sure if they put it up against BMW it falls short in *performance* but that doesn't mean anything. The TLX is not really built in any way to compete *against* them but live in the category of a well made car with great (not top end) luxury, technology and craft. It does well. If they compared the *other* "competitor" cars to what the TLX is meant to be then they fall short.... especially in the price "band for the buck" department. I wouldn't take any of them (except maybe an IS350 which I used to own.... which was also fielded complaints like it didn't have the "performance" of a BMW... yet whooped its arss in Luxury) for my daily 80 mile commute for which I now have an average of 30.2 mpg in 750 registered miles. Many of the people complaining about the TLX are the same that drool over Accords... makes no sence.

·
Registered
430 Posts
People have slanted views. The TLX is pretty much an Accord. The Accord has won 25+ C&D top 10 awards, more then any other car ever and is great for being best in its class. The TLX is a more luxurious version all around. Sure if they put it up against BMW it falls short in *performance* but that doesn't mean anything. The TLX is not really built in any way to compete *against* them but live in the category of a well made car with great (not top end) luxury, technology and craft. It does well. If they compared the *other* "competitor" cars to what the TLX is meant to be then they fall short.... especially in the price "band for the buck" department. I wouldn't take any of them (except maybe an IS350 which I used to own.... which was also fielded complaints like it didn't have the "performance" of a BMW... yet whooped its arss in Luxury) for my daily 80 mile commute for which I now have an average of 30.2 mpg in 750 registered miles. Many of the people complaining about the TLX are the same that drool over Accords... makes no sence.
Just playing devils advocate with the bolded. There is merit to their dissent though, if they're so in Love with Accord why should they be equally head over heals for the same car plus $10K?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts