Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
UB3 2016 TLX V6 SH-AWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First photos of my new purchase, a 2016 UB3 TLX in Black Copper Peal. Equipped with espresso leather interior & Advanced Package, with 79'000km on the odometer (49'000 miles).
Previous owner put fairly dark tint on the rear windshield and windows while putting a tiny bit of curb rash on the rims. After seeing undercarriage was likely not garage stored but at least undercoated.
The plan for this vehicle is to not be over the top, but to be a very clean and classy daily driver. Can't afford to not keep it in as like-new condition for as long as possible, will be garage stored once in a while, but will be under a tarp when clean, and undercoated in the winter.
No plans for performance mods planned yet as I find the car's performance and handling are very acceptable considering this isn't an A-spec / Type S. Off the line acceleration is a bit to be desired (weight issue mostly?), but acceleration after a rolling start is quite impressive with the 290 HP stock V6. Having the 9-Speed automatic makes fuel economy all around incredible, but a spirited drive in 3rd-5th gear reminds you that dinosaur juice exists.

Purchased:
=> an off brand "custom" coffee coloured leather waterproof non-slip mats off Amazon for the interior floors since there's no all-season mats that came with the car. Big issue since East coast Canada salts the roads. We'll see how they pan out.
=> Shoulder pads with Acura branding for the front seats.
=> 1080p 170° Dashcam for front and rear since I'm not taking any chances if the car gets damaged.

Looking into chrome rims and am welcome to suggestions / seeing how different rims look on other TLX's. Any tips and tricks on what to do next with the car is also very useful. The dealer plate has since been removed for a plexiglass plate cover. Interior photos to come once everything on order arrived.
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Sky
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
166 Posts
Welcome to the forums nice TLX and AWD too you'll definitely love that. As for a tip on what to do next? well I say do a rear bumper swap from a later year model, if you're not feeling the hidden exhaust look. Once I did that it made it a much better looking Acura I have a thread about it here if you wanna take a look. Rear Bumper Conversion 15' to 18'+

Also maybe consider adding remote start for those colder mornings?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts