Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from the wife. Alignment is off again. We had our tlx serviced for alignment problems. Steering wheel is swerving to the right on its on. Now it's doing it again. What gives?? Are they not torquing something correctly?

Last time I brought it in for service for this issue, we dropped off the car and came back with the dealer saying nothing is wrong. I ask them what?? They said they tested it on the back roads where the streets are "deeply crowned"... Why the **** would you even test it on that type of street in the first place. So took the car home and sure enough it was steering to the right on flat streets and on freeway. Brought it in again and they finally agreed to throw it on the machine to check it and sure enough something came up. Anyone else having these issues?

Mileage at 1500 now. I will be documenting every single problem from here on out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I also have an alignment problem. My TLX has about 1500 miles as well and the steering wheel is turned to the right a couple degrees. I feel like the car tracks to the right as well but very slightly. I have noticed under hard acceleration the car will track right and to the point where it changes lanes on the highway.

I took it to the dealer and they corrected the alignment and the print out looked good as well. When I was driving it home, I noticed these issues and took it back. They said they checked over it and everything is fine. Which was weird because clearly there was a problem. Anyway, they said drive it for a few days and when the weather gets better it will be clearer what's going on. They blamed the crown on the road as well.

Now that a week has gone by, the issue is still there. I had a few other people drive it to confirm and they have without me even pointing it out. Planning on taking it back as soon as possible for this to be corrected.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi,

I also have an alignment problem. My TLX has about 1500 miles as well and the steering wheel is turned to the right a couple degrees. I feel like the car tracks to the right as well but very slightly. I have noticed under hard acceleration the car will track right and to the point where it changes lanes on the highway.

I took it to the dealer and they corrected the alignment and the print out looked good as well. When I was driving it home, I noticed these issues and took it back. They said they checked over it and everything is fine. Which was weird because clearly there was a problem. Anyway, they said drive it for a few days and when the weather gets better it will be clearer what's going on. They blamed the crown on the road as well.

Now that a week has gone by, the issue is still there. I had a few other people drive it to confirm and they have without me even pointing it out. Planning on taking it back as soon as possible for this to be corrected.
Welcome to the Forum! Good to see your first post.

Good luck with your TLX. Guess your transmission is okay?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.