Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, TLX fans.
I've been searching for non-stock LED fog lights for 2015 TLX. I am aware of stock, round low-performance Acura LED fog lights. That's why I'm thinking about an alternative to them. There is a space - a little double mini grills in a front bumper, each side, closer to the center that could be used for installing and mounting fog lights. I was thinking about LED fog lights donated from the 2018-up Honda Accord. They seem to fit, but I'm not sure. They also
2015-acura-tlx-front lfg.jpg
seem to represent better performance, light output, and esthetic appearance. I am not sure about their distance, but they light up with a pretty wide range in front of the car. I've been considering different brands, not necessarily HONDA, as long as they fit and perform well.
Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
906 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Interesting mod, for sure.
I have read somewhere, that fog lights are really quite ineffective for any speed over 15 mph. By the time you illuminate anything with the foglights, over 15 mph, you cannot react.
Let us know what you decide.

·
Super Moderator
841 Posts
Is the picture you posted above your car? So would you be adding them to the existing fog lights shown in the picture or would you remove those and fill in the space?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I find the Jewel eyes are excellent to the extended I can't barely see any diference when I have my fogs on.. but I do like the idea in reduced visibility more lights in the front for others to see me.

·
Super Moderator
841 Posts
I find the Jewel eyes are excellent to the extended I can't barely see any diference when I have my fogs on.. but I do like the idea in reduced visibility more lights in the front for others to see me.
Agree - the jewel eye headlights illuminate well. I added fog lights mainly for the look - I think it improves the front end appearance. We don't get much fog here in the desert but I've got my fog lights always on.

Reactions: Gonzo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the picture you posted above your car? So would you be adding them to the existing fog lights shown in the picture or would you remove those and fill in the space?
It is not my car. I don't have stock fog lights. I just found that 2018 honda accord led fog lights might work arfter some mods to this bumper grill. I have to measure space for fitment. During stay at home order I have more time and more ideas. I also look for alternative to fogged rear camera.

·
Super Moderator
841 Posts
It is not my car. I don't have stock fog lights. I just found that 2018 honda accord led fog lights might work arfter some mods to this bumper grill. I have to measure space for fitment. During stay at home order I have more time and more ideas. I also look for alternative to fogged rear camera.
Got it! Well once you've done the modification, show us some pictures, thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got it! Well once you've done the modification, show us some pictures, thanks!
Did u do the fog lights yet ? If you do let us see how does it look. I was thinking the same

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the interest. I'm still in the middle of researching between these - 3 jewel LED s-l1600 (2).jpg or reflector ones reflector LED fog lights.jpg or s-l1600 (7).jpg These are
cool too
Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 1.49.53 PM.png
. The issue is that it requires to know exact size of particular model. The last one is Honda model. Size is known.Right now I'm juggling between repercussions at work due to Covid19, lack of time to sneak into the garage, etc. The project is still at the stage of research. Once I got fog lights in hand I'll update the post.

·
Registered
218 Posts
How do you intend to mount these lights (OP or others) so they can be adjusted properly?

EDIT: Saemahmed - Those are daytime running lights, not fog lights. You already have DRL's. Why add these?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Im
How do you intend to mount these lights (OP or others) so they can be adjusted properly?

EDIT: Saemahmed - Those are daytime running lights, not fog lights. You already have DRL's. Why add these?
i might try the 18 accord fog lights or this one with professional installer and tbh in nyc we don’t need any extra lights bt I’m doing it cz of the different look

1 - 12 of 12 Posts