Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently there has been a noise that appears to be coming from the right rear of the car. It's hard to pin point and almost sounds like like something bouncing in the trunk. Yes, I emptied the trunk to be sure it wasn't something I had back there.

The dealer had the car for regular service and I mentioned the noise. I said to check the rear deck as I've seen others with noises coming from there. They did find a bunch of broken clips which they repaired. I had the bass rattle anyway so it was a good time to get it fixed.

There is still a noise and the tech thinks it's shocks. The parts are on back order. I'll be sure to update the post when they do the repair.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I was thinking trunk (thats why i got the trunk velcro brackets) when i read the title. I also sometimes have things slide in the glove box too

Let us know what you find please

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is more like a thump. Just like something bouncing in the trunk. That's all I can think of to compare it to. Definitely on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Do they know its the struts causing the sound or are they just throwing parts at it? It could be a bad strut mount or even a bad endlink or ball joint.

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hard to say at this point. The tech said he was confident that it was the shocks. I'll let them replace them and see what the results are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just to update this post.

I finally found some time to get the work done to replace the shocks. They replaced everything that goes with the shocks in the rear. I'll attach a copy of the invoice to show exactly what was replaced.

The good news is that the noise is gone. It's hard to say what exactly was bad, or even if something was just loose. Either way the noise is gone.....thankfully. The service dept said this was the first TLX they've seen with that issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I finally found some time to get the work done to replace the shocks. They replaced everything that goes with the shocks in the rear. I'll attach a copy of the invoice to show exactly what was replaced.

The good news is that the noise is gone. It's hard to say what exactly was bad, or even if something was just loose. Either way the noise is gone.....thankfully. The service dept said this was the first TLX they've seen with that issue.

do you by chance have a recordingof what the sound was like? I have a mystery noise coming from the rear as well and the techs cannot find it for the life of them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
do you by chance have a recordingof what the sound was like? I have a mystery noise coming from the rear as well and the techs cannot find it for the life of them.

what this the sound you got?

·
Premium Member
4,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear more of a clicking in your video. It’s been awhile but I don’t think mine sounded like that. Your video should give the techs something to work with though especially if it’s a consistent noice.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I think I might have the same noise... its either the passenger seat belt buckle... move it to the forward position (heck just hold it and see if the noise stops. Or the cover to the center console storeage try, try to open it and putting slight pressure on the top cover see if that helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think I might have the same noise... its either the passenger seat belt buckle... move it to the forward position (heck just hold it and see if the noise stops. Or the cover to the center console storeage try, try to open it and putting slight pressure on the top cover see if that helps.
Thanks for the reply, I know the seat belt noise you are talking about and this is not that. It seems to be coming from the rear headliner/or window. The techs have heard it and seem stumped. They just recenlty booked it in for 8 days, I don’t feel confident they will fix it.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Best way have someone drive while someone else is in the back.. press on various panels unfold 1/2 seat so you can get into the trunk. Sometimes sound travels funny, perhaps there is something in the spare tire area. Good luck, I hate vibration sounds!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts