Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Acura TLX 3.5L V6 FWD P-AWS Modern Steel Metallic
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear noise (sounds like rear brakes) while braking above 60 MPH, but I don't feel any brake pulsation?
It's like I hear the brakes resonating through the body of car, and it's more pronounced at higher speeds

·
Super Moderator
950 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
If your signature is accurate, your 2020 TLX is still under a rather comprehensive warranty. Best to have Acura service diagnose this issue. Make usre you can replicate the issue so that you do not get there and it does not present itself as all OK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, good idea, I should probably do it soon as I have 29,312 miles (I like to drive it!) and I forget when the warranty expires.
Do you ever hear any sounds while braking?

·
Super Moderator
950 Posts
I hear noise (sounds like rear brakes) while braking above 60 MPH, but I don't feel any brake pulsation?
It's like I hear the brakes resonating through the body of car, and it's more pronounced at higher speeds
From the Acura Warranty publication:
Your vehicle is covered for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Of course this is the first owner only, unless the transfer of the warranty was prearranged with the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems to be rear rotors as they have 0.005" runout. I was going to try removing them cleaning/checking all surfaces then rotating them 180° and checking runout again but they have a locating screw and this isn't possible

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also will be applying high temp brake grease upon reassembly, thanks for the tip, I've definitely had brake noises caused by insufficient lubrication of these points

1 - 7 of 7 Posts