Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2020 TLX with less than 3500 miles. Today I noticed that when I turn to the right I'm hearing a slight scratching, scuffiing, rubbing noise in the area of the steering wheel. Is this normal for this model. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
No, that is not normal. Is it ONLY when you turn to the right?

Was your car Certified from the dealer? How many miles do you have on it now?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, that is not normal. Is it ONLY when you turn to the right?

Was your car a Certified from the dealer? How many miles do you have on it now?
Thanks for the response. Only when I turn to the right and you have to work hard to hear it. It’s barely audible. Sounds like a tiny spring? Bought vehicle from Chevrolet dealer. Has like 3245.0 miles.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
You still have the Acura warranty if necessary but lets hope it is not needed.

Have you checked for anything caught under the car?.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX Type S 3.0L DOHC Turbo SH-AWD Apex Blue Pearl Red Interior
10 Posts
I also have that noise, to me it sounds like a soft spring extending, I hear it when the cabin is quiet which is easy because the TLX interior is very quiet and serene

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have that noise, to me it sounds like a soft spring extending, I hear it when the cabin is quiet which is easy because the TLX interior is very quiet and serene
I have noticed
Have you found out the cause of this, I've noticed that same noise also recently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 2020 TLX with less than 3500 miles. Today I noticed that when I turn to the right I'm hearing a slight scratching, scuffiing, rubbing noise in the area of the steering wheel. Is this normal for this model. Thanks.
our 2020 does the same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts