Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months ago, I set up NFC to use SoftCard to buy sodas, water and snacks from the vending machine at the office. I enjoy the benefits. If you haven't heard of it, check it out. For every purchase of $1 or more, I get a $1 back. For every four purchases, I get free $5 worth of credit to buy more stuff. Everyone tells me it cannot be true. Been using it for over two months. I buy a Coke for $1.25 I get a dollar back. Buy something for a $ I get a $ back. When I signed up they gave me $15. When I added $15, they gave me another $15. Amazing.

But I drift, I was going to mention that NFC may be added to a future car we buy. I am almost surprised it wasn't included in the TLX Tech package. I wonder how NFC will be used?

Near-field communications with tap-to-pair phones coming to cars - Autoblog

·
Registered
423 Posts
This tech is interesting and I can see it coming to the luxury market in the next couple of years.

Things like this are going to hold up tech like this though:
Thieves target luxury Range Rovers with keyless locking systems | Money | The Guardian

I know that's keyless access but it shows that these wireless systems aren't 100% secure, imagine ringing your insurer to be told you can only insure your TLX if its stored underground or in secure parking!!! Ouch!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This tech is interesting and I can see it coming to the luxury market in the next couple of years.

Things like this are going to hold up tech like this though:
Thieves target luxury Range Rovers with keyless locking systems | Money | The Guardian

I know that's keyless access but it shows that these wireless systems aren't 100% secure, imagine ringing your insurer to be told you can only insure your TLX if its stored underground or in secure parking!!! Ouch!
Good article. Guess we should go back to The Club steering wheel device? :)

I park my TLX in a garage to keep the night dew off of the paint. I think I am the only one in my neighborhood to park a car in the garage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.