Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I am proud(for the most part) owner of 2015 BWP Acura tlx v6 tech. Besides the rough shift between 2nd/3rd, this is a beautiful car and I have no regrets making this purchase. I'll be make lots of cosmetic mods in the near future! So far I've got 2 things done:

1) 35% tint all around.
2) Front grill wrapped in vinyl black.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello everyone!

I am proud(for the most part) owner of 2015 BWP Acura tlx v6 tech. Besides the rough shift between 2nd/3rd, this is a beautiful car and I have no regrets making this purchase. I'll be make lots of cosmetic mods in the near future! So far I've got 2 things done:

1) 35% tint all around.
2) Front grill wrapped in vinyl black.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. :)

Also glad to hear that you are mostly happy with your TLX.

Did you try the re-learn process or the latest TSB? Acura needs to fix this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. :)

Also glad to hear that you are mostly happy with your TLX.

Did you try the re-learn process or the latest TSB? Acura needs to fix this.
I had the TSB 15-038 update a few weeks ago. The shifting is definitely a lot better than it was before. Either that or I'm getting used to it lol.

Here is a picture of the grille color change!

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
I actually think the grille looks much better like that. Acura should offer the grille in black to people as an option or on certain trim levels or something.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually think the grille looks much better like that. Acura should offer the grille in black to people as an option or on certain trim levels or something.
I agree. It should be an standard option. Acura is so infamous for having a silver chrome grill and it just looks so ugly to me :confused:

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I agree. It should be an standard option. Acura is so infamous for having a silver chrome grill and it just looks so ugly to me :confused:
Maybe a choose-able standard option?

I like my dark-color cars to have the chrome. IMHO, this definitely looks good on light-color cars.

Not sure how this blackened option would work on Silver.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Enjoy your car and all the miles you drive.
Just don't get all wrapped around the shift points. When I don't think about it, I enjoy my car so much more!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I had the TSB 15-038 update a few weeks ago. The shifting is definitely a lot better than it was before. Either that or I'm getting used to it lol.

Here is a picture of the grille color change!
That's a really nice look, someone needs to look into cutting out the beak. I bet without the beak it will look killer, but i'd still end up using the Acura badge it has.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts