Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Acura Family,

My name is Tin and I am from South California. I have been leasing a Crystal Black Pearl with Graystone interior base v6 TLX since September 2014. My first car was a 69 Camaro named Hazel. I recently own (as a daily) a 2005 Scion Tc named Ayumi. I will soon be selling my Tc for a 2003 Lexus GS300.
I can honestly say that I am extremely happy with the TLX. The only thing I regret is not waiting for the Espresso interior.
Future modifications for the TLX.
20x9.5f 20x10.5r Flow formed wheels. ( still debating between 2 models and colors)
Set of Falken FK453 (tire size N/A yet)
I am waiting on my set of RS-R springs (since the coilovers are 2 months out) to arrive
Looking for a butterfly valve exhaust system.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nice intro, Tin!

Thanks for posting good pics. Looking forward to seeing more pics of your mods.

Alan

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Waiting on the RSR's myself. Eibach and H&R are supposed to be working on a set too.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome and great photos. How did you take them?

Lokking forward to the complete upgrade pics too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Waiting on the RSR's myself. Eibach and H&R are supposed to be working on a set too.

Yea I was reading that. I was actually scheduled to let Tanabe use my car for suspension and exhaust measurements, but that fell thru. It was impossible to get a ride back home and to pick it up. This was during January. I have read that Eibach's 2013 Accord suspension actually fits perfectly. I read and saw pics on another forum, not low enough for me. H&R claims they have springs ready for sale for the TLX. Might have to do some research on that too.
Here is their link
H&R Sport Lowering Springs Acura TLX FWD (2015-2016) 51846

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome and great photos. How did you take them?

Lokking forward to the complete upgrade pics too.

Thank you. Photography is one of my Hobbies. This is called a long exposure shot. I shoot with a Nikon D90. 35mm lens.

I have already received my lug nuts last week. My wheels are pending, yet I am still debating on which set to get. Until I get my suspension installed I won't be able to order my tires yet.

Here are some more images of my lug nuts and some shots I took when I was bored.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi Acura Family,

My name is Tin and I am from South California. I have been leasing a Crystal Black Pearl with Graystone interior base v6 TLX since September 2014.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first few posts.

Really enjoyed your photos. Thanks for sharing! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you see yourself buying the vehicle once the lease time frame is up or what?

Great question, Typeess. It really depends on how the transmission holds up. That is really the only part about the car that I am skeptical on. At the moment I am 50/50, I have already set up a list of cars that I am interested in either leasing or purchasing.
How do you feel about your future decision with the TLX? Are you leasing or Financing? How is your experience with the car now?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great question, Typeess. It really depends on how the transmission holds up. That is really the only part about the car that I am skeptical on. At the moment I am 50/50, I have already set up a list of cars that I am interested in either leasing or purchasing.
How do you feel about your future decision with the TLX? Are you leasing or Financing? How is your experience with the car now?
Generally speaking, it isn't a good idea to buy your lease. The banks that buy the car, usually the manufacturers financial institution, always over estimate the residual value of the vehicle. They can do this to make the lease more desirable to the customer, all while still making money on the difference even if you don't purchase at the end of the lease. This is why you can't find a better deal leasing your car through private financial services, they will look at real world residual vs estimated.

The best way to get a good deal on a lease is to negotiate the price of the car down, not the monthly, that will lower with the price of the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts