Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last evening I joined the Acura family with the purchase of a 2016 TLX Tech in Fathom Blue Pearl. Thanks to this forum and other information I was able to gather from other sites, I'm very confident in my choice. I'm thankful for posts by people on this forum and others who helped me to realize that the I4 was a viable option, which encouraged me to test drive this car. (I thought the V6 was a "must have" at first.) Having a 400 RWHP supercharged Mustang, I already have a go-fast, corner-carving car, and this will supplement that and my '03 F150 nicely. Until now, the F150 has been my DD. I've modded it with an audio system, heated seats, a small lift, wheels and tires and other mods to make it something I really enjoy owning; however, it will be nice to get 30+ MPG instead of 12-14, and ride in quiet comfort at 75 MPH as I make my way up I-25 to Denver several times a month instead of getting shaken to death by the bouncing that ensues when concrete highway expansion joints match up with the wheelbase of the truck to set up a resonant "hop." I'll still be glad to have the truck, though, for drives like the one home last night in a heavy snow, where I greatly appreciated the AT tires and 4WD. A slow drive in the truck, the TLX would have been a white-knuckle experience heading up the pass on my way home. I had the "pleasure" of driving it in a sudden snow squall on my second test drive before buying, and the FWD coupled with the... um... inexpensive tires the dealer installed to sell it was not a fun combination.

I left it at the dealer for them to detail today, and will pick it up tomorrow, so for now, this dealership photo will have to suffice.

I look forward to learning more about the car and to helping where I can.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Welcome to the Acura family. What package did you get?

That car is very similar to my 2018 that I get 32-33 mpg. I got the tech package so everything is automatically controlled.. It almost drives itself.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. Same as yours minus the nice wheels. :)

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. Same as yours minus the nice wheels. :)
Those help get the good gas mileage. I am using 245/40R19 tires.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome to the Acura world. Just watch the paint on these cars. Honda and Acura don't usually have the most durable paint. My 19 V6 Tech already has a few good blemishes. Road work going on in a growing Central FL doesn't help, but there are some blemishes that are questionable. Other than that it's a great smooth ride. Another disappointing thing being it's a tech package they should at least have more USB ports. In the back you'll notice there are no USB ports by the AC vents. I don't usually have any back passengers or not a big problem but people with the family and kids I'm sure that is something they'd be looking for. We know in the next generation they will have it. Also up front you'd think they'd have another USB port aside for the one that's right under the head unit. The V6 power is more than enough for the everyday drive. Enjoy and good luck. overall I think you'll enjoy that you're driving a fairly reliable car. Nice color!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys.

mdd2018tlx
If I get another set of wheels, they probably be 18's for summer, and I'll think about a set of winter tires for these. I need to find a listing of cross-compatible wheels (Acura, Honda, and others). Any tips on where to get one? I haven't found it yet here.

Centflatsx
Thanks for the heads up on the paint. I'll be judicious with the buffer. I noticed the lack of USB ports, but it will be only me driving 90% of the time, so it should be no big deal. (Though I thought there was another under the armrest?) The V6 would be nice for the uphill side of mountain drives, but the I4 seems adequate. It just downshifts and revs a bit higher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts