Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm the proud new Daddy of a Black on Black TLX V6 Tech! She was rolled straight off the truck and into my arms two days ago:)

If you simply press the engine button, while "Brake Hold" is enabled, the engine will switch to park, shutdown, and set the parking break. The only problem I have is that the "Brake Hold" option is not remembered along with my other settings, so I have to turn it on every time I get in the car:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and another thing I learned yesterday. My dealership forgot to mention that the TLX comes with Acuralink Connect Standard, free of charge for three years! Just press the Acuralink button in the car to get registered, then download the apps on your phone, so you can keep tabs on your baby remotely.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The only problem I have is that the "Brake Hold" option is not remembered along with my other settings, so I have to turn it on every time I get in the car:(
Yep. Same issue with Auto Idle Stop, which is a greater pain imho...no memory on driver pref.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The only problem I have is that the "Brake Hold" option is not remembered along with my other settings, so I have to turn it on every time I get in the car
Congrats on your new drive! You may want it to remember, but that is how it works, and is not a problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just to be clear, are both Auto Brake Hold and Auto Idle Stop ON by default when you turn on the car? Or are they both OFF by default?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Just to be clear, are both Auto Brake Hold and Auto Idle Stop ON by default when you turn on the car? Or are they both OFF by default?
Auto brake hold is Disabled
Auto Idle Stop is enabled

Lol i want the opposite >:D

Reactions: anacreon

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi Everyone,

I'm the proud new Daddy of a Black on Black TLX V6 Tech! She was rolled straight off the truck and into my arms two days ago:)

If you simply press the engine button, while "Brake Hold" is enabled, the engine will switch to park, shutdown, and set the parking break. The only problem I have is that the "Brake Hold" option is not remembered along with my other settings, so I have to turn it on every time I get in the car:(
Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you made your first posts.

Congratulations on the new arrival. Enjoy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Congrats! Maybe Acura can fix this with a future software update? (if its even possible.)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Personally, I like having the engine idle stop on be default. I suspect that if they make it off by default, they will have to revise their city fuel economy numbers which they probably don't want to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.