Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,
After using this forum quite a bit in my research, I thought I would take the opportunity to join now that I have made my purchase.
Tomorrow morning I will pick up my new TLX, SH- AWD Tech package. Its Crystal Black with the Espresso interior.
Looking forward to taking possession and reporting back to the forum on my experiences

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your TLX tomorrow! I just got my TLX last week in Crystal Black as well and absolutely love it.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Good morning all,
After using this forum quite a bit in my research, I thought I would take the opportunity to join now that I have made my purchase.
Tomorrow morning I will pick up my new TLX, SH- AWD Tech package. Its Crystal Black with the Espresso interior.
Looking forward to taking possession and reporting back to the forum on my experiences

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum! Thanks for making your first post.

We will be interested to learn of your experience with the TLX.

Congratulations and Good Luck!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Tomorrow! How exciting.

Be sure to come back and share with us some photos once you get it home. I especially want to see your espresso interior!

Cheers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. This is my first Japanese experience. Been driving German for the last number of years, but I've seen a degradation in the value for money on that side, not only on the hard product but some of the soft experiences as well.
I had the dealer install snows, but my rims are on back order, so im afraid to say I'm going to be driving out with silver steel rims :(.
I just keep telling myself its just for a short time !!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats on your new TLX!! It's always nice to see new owners in the GTA. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome! As a GTA-er, i am interested in your rim and tire choices. Not sure GTA needs winters with AWD? 18 or 19 rims? Did you switch from the stock Goodyears?

Ty!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good morning,
I'm a fan of snow tires regardless of AWD, just like that extra sense of security.
I had the dealer put on Michelin X ice3 on 17" rims. Unfortunately they did not have rims in stock ( Acura OEM alloys) so for the time being I am driving around with butt ugly silver steels until mine come in.
I will have the 18" goodyear on the stock rims for the summer

·
Registered
666 Posts
As a GTA-er, i am interested in your rim and tire choices. Not sure GTA needs winters with AWD?
I am a convert. Winter tires are beneficial in the GTA, even with AWD, and I would not go back to driving without them. I drove on All Weather tires fitted to a FWD and AWD for many years without a crash but there were a few scary moments and a lot of yaw motions and difficulties if getting going from a stop light. The traffic problems would be a lot less when the roads are snow/ice/slush covered if everyone had on winter tires.

If you can stay off the roads when it is snow/ice covered and drive cautiously then you can get by without winter tires, but otherwise you are putting your vehicle and others at risk.

I put on dedicated 18" allow wheels with Michelin x-Ice and have a spare set of 17" which fit the car as well (wife did not like to look).

·
Registered
317 Posts
How are the 18" Michelin x-Ice performing for you ? Are they quiet? Heard it is better to go with one size down but my neighbor who droves his Accord in winter on 18s as well says it is as good as 17 as long as you keep the width.
Did you mount the 18s on the Acura OME rims ?

·
Registered
666 Posts
They were after market wheels from my dealer. They seem to perform well and the car is quiet. There has really only been one snow day here in Toronto so far and I was not out that day, so no real test. I agree with your neighbor that 17" would be the way to go and the cost will be less. I was all set to do that but ran into some complications.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks guys. This is my first Japanese experience. Been driving German for the last number of years, but I've seen a degradation in the value for money on that side, not only on the hard product but some of the soft experiences as well.
welcome to the forum. i think this video suits you well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypWZDnzQd5s
"How do you say "Your Lease Is Up" in German?"

·
Registered
681 Posts
I am a convert. Winter tires are beneficial in the GTA, even with AWD, and I would not go back to driving without them. I drove on All Weather tires fitted to a FWD and AWD for many years without a crash but there were a few scary moments and a lot of yaw motions and difficulties if getting going from a stop light....

...I put on dedicated 18" allow wheels with Michelin x-Ice and have a spare set of 17" which fit the car as well (wife did not like to look).
TY, thats the experience I was looking for. I have winters on the 08 TLS, but its FWD only - and awful in the snow, even with winters.

Q1: why downgrade to 17", other than cost?
Q2: Anyone think that 19" can cause snow build-up in the wheel wells?

·
Registered
666 Posts
A1: More comfortable ride as there is more tire wall to absorb bumps and the potential to handle a bad pothole without damaging the tire or wheel.

A2: No. The diameter of the tire is the same as those used on the 17" or 18". If the tire used is wider then there might be a slight difference. But putting winter tires on 19" wheels is a bad idea. Not even sure that you would be able to find suitable low profile winter tires. Were you thinking about All Weather on 19" in snow conditions? Just go South for the winter and do not become a hazard on the road.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the SH-AWD, elite with the launch package. For the winter, have Bridgestone Blizzak LM -32 on the 18 " rims. The launch package included the 19" rims with high performance tires. In Saskatchewn, We currently have lots of snow and icy conditions. The car handles wonderfully! Unfortunately did not get to drive with the 19" rims - look forward to spring.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Were you thinking about All Weather on 19" in snow conditions? Just go South for the winter and do not become a hazard on the road.
Not thinking of this, just curious on opinions. Perhaps I need to think of heading south all winter....I wish!

Likely go with 18/Winter x-Ice; undecided on 18 or 19 for 'summer', possibly with Michelin Pilot

thoughts welcome TY.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.