Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow TLX owners. I'm Xavier, and I recently acquired my 2015 Bellanova White TLX DCT. I purchased it in October from the dealership that I work at, Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg MD. I have been a Certified Acura Technician for Honda and Acura for the past 11 years, and love owning these cars, and working on them. Below are some pictures of my TLX and what I have done to it thus far. (all with less than 100 miles on the odometer!)

I had to do some backyard engineering to get everything to work, but thanks to my buddy at Honda R&D, I was able to confirm that the suspension geometry and pick up points of the TLX are shared with the '13-'14 Accord, which in turn, would mean that coilovers for the accord would work on the TLX. So the mod list so far is:

-Megan Racing EZ street coilovers ('13-'15 Accord)
-19" ESM BBS LM replica wheels 19x8.5+35 and 19x9.5+22
-5mm and 15mm spacers makes offset a +30 and +7

Next I plan on installing the optional front lip spoiler, side skirts and rear bumper trim.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hello Xavier, awesome looks !

Btw, how is your DCT tranny working on this beauty ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Xavier, awesome looks !

Btw, how is your DCT tranny working on this beauty ?
Thanks! Couldn't be happier with the dct. It's the reason I chose the 4 cylinder over the 6. Smooth, crisp and precise shifts make for an amazing driving experience. I have noticed that when cold, the dct tends to have a bit of a delay until full operating temp is reached. Other than that, I would say that Honda did an excellent job with engineering the trans... And the entire car!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Thanks! Couldn't be happier with the dct. It's the reason I chose the 4 cylinder over the 6. Smooth, crisp and precise shifts make for an amazing driving experience. I have noticed that when cold, the dct tends to have a bit of a delay until full operating temp is reached. Other than that, I would say that Honda did an excellent job with engineering the trans... And the entire car!
Excellent. We have the same transmission luck. :)

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
71 Posts
What a coincidence... I saw you driving in Gburg this morning and was thinking man, someone modded a TLX already? And here you are on the forum. Great looking TLX! Maybe it'll open more doors here for folks to start modding. I plan on staying stock though :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a fan that those wheels are knockoffs but still, they look great!
What else do you plan on doing to your TLX?
Yea... not about to spend $4,000.00 on some authentic BBS LM's for my daily driver. I got the wheels from a friend at a crackhead price including tires, so I just jumped on them. I got my other toy to put the authentic parts on.

As far as other plans for the car, I came from a '13 TSX SE and really loved the interior of that car. So maybe a black headliner, Black A/B/C pillars, amber ambient and footwell lighting...easy stuff.

What a coincidence... I saw you driving in Gburg this morning and was thinking man, someone modded a TLX already? And here you are on the forum. Great looking TLX! Maybe it'll open more doors here for folks to start modding. I plan on staying stock though :)
thanks! If you're ever at Rosenthal, say hello!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hello fellow TLX owners. I'm Xavier, and I recently acquired my 2015 Bellanova White TLX DCT. I purchased it in October from the dealership that I work at, Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg MD.
Forgot to mention that the shop looks really spotless and super clean; can almost eat off the floor. Not every place is like that. It must be really great to work there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts