Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leased a new 2.4 Tech for my wife a few weeks ago mostly based on past experience w/2009 TSX. I test drove about 19 cars before narrowed to new Volvo S60 or the TLX. The '"tech" part is still a bit overwhelming to me. Wish I could say I enjoy driving it, but so far I don't like it in traffic. Much prefer my MB C250.

Tech challenged at age 77 in the Acura. Hope to master it soon. I'm a former corporate pilot (Citation SII) so I have hopes.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Leased a new 2.4 Tech for my wife a few weeks ago mostly based on past experience w/2009 TSX. I test drove about 19 cars before narrowed to new Volvo S60 or the TLX. The '"tech" part is still a bit overwhelming to me. Wish I could say I enjoy driving it, but so far I don't like it in traffic. Much prefer my MB C250.

Tech challenged at age 77 in the Acura. Hope to master it soon. I'm a former corporate pilot (Citation SII) so I have hopes.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see one of your first posts is an introduction.

The tech was a bit overwhelming when I started driving my TLX as well. Take your time. Learn the essentials and go from there.

I went over 10,000 miles on Monday. I love the drive to and from work every day. But then I never had a MB. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spent some quality time with my salesman. It helped a lot. Warming up nicely to the car. Still like my MB better, smaller , easier to handle in DFW traffic. So I thought I'd try the new ILX to see if I'd like it.
To me it drove too much like a cheap Civic Soon as I left the sales lot I wanted to return it. Noisy as ****! Really made me appreciate what Acura has done with the TLX. The refinement of the TLX is FAR above the similar appearing ILX.
My wife's only complaint so far is not being able to adjust the seat high enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts