Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
125 Posts
Congrats on your new 2021 A-Spec!! Looks good in black!!! Also welcome to the forums!!! You plan on doing anything to the TLX? such as window tints and such etc.?

·
Registered
2021 TLX ASpec. Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on your new 2021 A-Spec!! Looks good in black!!! Also welcome to the forums!!! You plan on doing anything to the TLX? such as window tints and such etc.?
Thanks! Yeah, it looks pretty aggressive in black, ha. Couldn’t get the red seats. Not sure re: mods yet. Going to either do a ceramic coat first and/or wrap the front in paint protection film before thinking about mods. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Congratulations !! Seems the new TLX has that affect on people. I was at the dealer for an oil change and left with a 2021, trading in my 2020 TLX.

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
96 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. Nice to see another Black one on the roads...mine's an Advance.

Ownership Hint: Be mindful of where the wheels are. They're wide enough that there is just a very small cushion from the tire sidewall to protect them. It is super easy to pick up a case of curb rash if I'm not watching carefully.

My local wheel guy charges $250 to redo an Advance style wheel. Not sure what it would cost to repair one of the black finished wheels used on the A-Spec, so be careful!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations and welcome. Nice to see another Black one on the roads...mine's an Advance.

Ownership Hint: Be mindful of where the wheels are. They're wide enough that there is just a very small cushion from the tire sidewall to protect them. It is super easy to pick up a case of curb rash if I'm not watching carefully.

My local wheel guy charges $250 to redo an Advance style wheel. Not sure what it would cost to repair one of the black finished wheels used on the A-Spec, so be careful!
Thanks! She looks mean in black haha. Yes, well aware of the wheels since I had a couple of curb rashes on the Accord Sport ones. Gotta be careful for sure. Parking structures and some of those tight turns for instance in poorly designed ones are my kryptonite. I think a valet kid did it once to my Accord as well. I rarely make any mistakes outside on a curb/parallel parking...knock on wood. It’s a little cheaper here to get it repaired but who knows with this current wheel. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Thanks! She looks mean in black haha. Yes, well aware of the wheels since I had a couple of curb rashes on the Accord Sport ones. Gotta be careful for sure. Parking structures and some of those tight turns for instance in poorly designed ones are my kryptonite. I think a valet kid did it once to my Accord as well. I rarely make any mistakes outside on a curb/parallel parking...knock on wood. It’s a little cheaper here to get it repaired but who knows with this current wheel. Cheers.
Cars in the 70s had "curb feelers". We could help make them in fashion again !
curb feelers.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha re: curb feelers! I think even a bird’s eye/360 camera like mom’s crappy Nissan Rogue has could help?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts