Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings!

I have abandoned BMW ownership (7 years and 2 different cars) and decided to drive an Acura for a little while. I probably should have joined the group before I bought the car to get perspectives before I bought the A-Spec....but I got too good of a deal to pass up.

Looking forward to being a part of the community. I don't have a good picture of the car that I've taken myself.....but attached is a picture the dealer had for it. Pretty good experience buying the car, great price but a little high pressure on the add-ons and accessories. To be honest though, I added a couple things based on their suggestions and I'm thinking it will be best in the long run. Doesn't have quite the punch of my 535xi, but I'm hoping that I don't have to worry about plastic pieces in the engine bay disintegrating in a few years.

EDIT: Added a picture out in the wild........

tlx 1.jpg

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
87 Posts
That's a beautiful car and welcome to the forum. I hope it lives up to your expectations.

I came to Acura from BMW then Audi. One thing you won't miss are the $1,000 oil changes after the car goes out of warranty.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Welcome to the party FlatlandTLX.

That sure is a beautiful looking car. I take it that you didn't get the Turbo charged version?

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
110 Posts
Beautiful A-Spec we love it! take good car and enjoy the car! looks fun to drive!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats!

Love the Performance Red. When I test drove mine they had one out front and it looked awesome. Had it been new and not CPO I might have had a tough choice between that and the Apex Blue I ended up with (I was leasing, so CPO wouldn’t have worked for that).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats!

Love the Performance Red. When I test drove mine they had one out front and it looked awesome. Had it been new and not CPO I might have had a tough choice between that and the Apex Blue I ended up with (I was leasing, so CPO wouldn’t have worked for that).
If I hadn't wanted the performance red.....blue would have definitely been my other choice. I haven't ordered a "crimson" colored car in over 20 years so I felt that it was time, but I loved the color of my Montego Blue 3 Series that I used to own. Walk out of a store and you always see that blue car.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX SH-AWD with Technology Package
10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greetings!

I have abandoned BMW ownership (7 years and 2 different cars) and decided to drive an Acura for a little while. I probably should have joined the group before I bought the car to get perspectives before I bought the A-Spec....but I got too good of a deal to pass up.

Looking forward to being a part of the community. I don't have a good picture of the car that I've taken myself.....but attached is a picture the dealer had for it. Pretty good experience buying the car, great price but a little high pressure on the add-ons and accessories. To be honest though, I added a couple things based on their suggestions and I'm thinking it will be best in the long run. Doesn't have quite the punch of my 535xi, but I'm hoping that I don't have to worry about plastic pieces in the engine bay disintegrating in a few years.

View attachment 26155
Welcome! I still have both Acura and a 2019 BMW 440 x drive. I prefer driving my Acura 2.4 w/ tech pkg. The layout is so much more driver friendly than the BMW. The only thing better in the BMW is the power with the twin turbos. I just had a breakdown in the BMW as the hose blew and the fluid leaked out and it’s only a two year old car. Thank God I leased it. Getting a Tesla when the lease is up in November since I went solar.

Good luck with the new TLX.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings!

View attachment 26155
Congrats! Looks just like mine😁 not my first Acura though: only issue I have faced so far is of course no spare tire and being told my salesperson a kit was coming which I have now found out to be wrong😳

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings!

View attachment 26155
Greetings!

View attachment 26155
Greetings!

View attachment 26155
Enjoy! Got my wife the exact same one. Interior and infotainment is phenomenal. Transmission is smooth as silk. We experienced a few exterior finish quality control issues, paint and trim, but she absolutely loves it. We came from an ‘18 V6, AWD Tech, but very little noticeable power difference. Only difference for us is the ride. Aspec is definitely stiffer and you feel more bumps in the road but it’ll hug those corner!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Awesome....the best color out there!!!

😉👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts