Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all!

I bought my TLX at the beginning of December & really like it! This car is loaded!!! My previous car was a Cadillac CTS and I was ready to go get a new ATS, but my sister told me about the TLX and it was the first car I went to see when searching for a new car. I liked all the features and ended up leaving the dealership that day with it. So far I like it, but have noticed some of the same problems that others on this forum are experiencing such as hard shifting of gears/jerky transmission. It's not a safety concern, so I haven't taken it to the dealer yet, but plan to in the near future to see if there is an "ECU update." I only have about 500 miles on it so far. My sister keeps saying "it's a new car you need to break it in"... I hope that is the case. Anyway, I'm glad I found this TLX forum
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome!

I think i saw somewhere that the new trans have a 'learning' algorithm...maybe search this forum? Let us know if it improves over time as well.

What colour is that in your photos? Black Copper?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Awesome colour choice!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Most likely you already have the update. It was rolled out late October, I think. I know that my TLX was already upgraded when I got it early November. But you can also check the recall list with your VIN to be sure.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi all!

I bought my TLX at the beginning of December & really like it! This car is loaded!!! My previous car was a Cadillac CTS and I was ready to go get a new ATS, but my sister told me about the TLX and it was the first car I went to see when searching for a new car. I liked all the features and ended up leaving the dealership that day with it. So far I like it, but have noticed some of the same problems that others on this forum are experiencing such as hard shifting of gears/jerky transmission. It's not a safety concern, so I haven't taken it to the dealer yet, but plan to in the near future to see if there is an "ECU update." I only have about 500 miles on it so far. My sister keeps saying "it's a new car you need to break it in"... I hope that is the case. Anyway, I'm glad I found this TLX forum
:)
Welcome to the Forum! Sorry I missed your first post.

I am glad to hear that your wait time was non-existent. That was the most difficult part of the purchase for me. Hopefully your TLX is so new you already have the latest updates. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.