Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I just had a Fantom Blue Pearl TLX delivered to me at home yesterday. The best purchase experience I have ever had, they were here for about 10 minutes to get a bunch of signatures, asked if I wanted them to go over anything with the car, and done!

I previously had a 2007 MDX Tech Sport in Dark Silver, a 2009 TL SH-AWD Tech Mayan Bronze/Umber , a 2011 MDX Adv Dark Cherry (replaced the 2007, I "needed" adaptive cruise, apparently), and now the TLX is replacing the TL.

My MDX was at the dealer for a little over a week in the end on Nov (trailer hitch wiring harness short.. what a pain to find!). I joked with the service advisor that she should give me a TLX as a loaner (didn't know they had them yet) and she found one for me (v6 base). That was the most expensive covered under warranty repair I've ever had.

All that aside,
First - thanks for all of the information that has been posted here, it helped me decide to upgrade.

Second - I have a couple of questions.
1 - Why does the Blue seem to be such an unpopular color? The broker said this was the only one on this coast and no more were scheduled to be produced until Feb (I don't think it was a rush tactic, I waited 4 days after he told me that to tell him to go get the car)

2 - I've had 3 other SH-AWD cars before the TLX. In every one of them the SH-AWD Display clearly shows torque going to the outboard rear wheel in a powered semi-sharp turn. In the TLX, It looks like the display is showing the opposite, like the inboard wheel is receiving the extra power.
I'm not sure if it's activating the inboard braking and showing that - seems odd they would show it the same as the power delivery.. or if the display is just backwards, or if the new SH-AWD system in the TLX is that much different from my two MDX's and my TL.

I've not spent a lot of time experimenting with that, but I feel very sure that's what I saw.. It's not like I spared more than a glance while in the turn the couple of times I noticed it.

Thanks for any input, happy to be part of the crowd.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi Folks,
I just had a Fantom Blue Pearl TLX delivered to me at home yesterday. The best purchase experience I have ever had, they were here for about 10 minutes to get a bunch of signatures, asked if I wanted them to go over anything with the car, and done!

Thanks for any input, happy to be part of the crowd.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see you made your first post.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new TLX. After 3 months, I still find mine a pleasure to drive.

Cool that you had it delivered to your home.

Blue is a pretty color. Not sure why it isn't more popular. Seems we are in the minority. Red is not common as well. Seems that the big sellers are black and white. I guess we all have different tastes. :)

I got the I4 Tech so I don't know anything about SH-AWD. I am sure someone else will chime in.

Good luck with your new TLX! :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I read somewhere (can't find it now) that it applies the most torque to the wheel with the most traction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.