Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had registered awhile back and cannot find my old info, so here i am again.

I remember reading that there were some transmission issues with both the 4 and 6 cyclinder TLX's.I cannot find any threads, can anyone help me on this, has it been addressed, exactly what were the issues? I know there was/is a class action suit so I am wondering about the cars being build now.

Thanks

Also, just how quiet is the TLX regarding both wind and road noise, I would assume the the 4 cylinder with 17 inch tires will be a bit quieter depending on the tires used. I will buy a car with a tech package either 4 or 6 if I do buy an Acura.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I find the car very quiet. It uses active noise
cancellation as well as expanding-foam insulation in the body, quiet tires and thick rubber gaskets around all the doors.

Ive only had mine a few weeks, but I dont mind the tranny at all. No issues for me, but I have read reports that it clunks through the gears and can be rough at times. Personally, I find if you drive appropriately for whatever mode the car is in, it drives great. Meaning dont put it in Sport+ and granny it, or dont drive in Eco and beat on it.

Only way to really know if its the car for you is a test drive.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I had registered awhile back and cannot find my old info, so here i am again.

I remember reading that there were some transmission issues with both the 4 and 6 cyclinder TLX's.I cannot find any threads, can anyone help me on this, has it been addressed, exactly what were the issues? I know there was/is a class action suit so I am wondering about the cars being build now.

Thanks

Also, just how quiet is the TLX regarding both wind and road noise, I would assume the the 4 cylinder with 17 inch tires will be a bit quieter depending on the tires used. I will buy a car with a tech package either 4 or 6 if I do buy an Acura.
Thanks
Welcome Back!

Using the SEARCH button to the above right, I found these posts on Transmission Issues...

Acura TLX Forum - Search Results for Transmission Issues

·
Registered
423 Posts
As above has said, this thing is pretty quiet. Its got a lot of features to make it a smooth and silent ride.
The only thing you can do to reduce the sound further is get decent rubber which none of them come with really

·
Registered
144 Posts
MTD pretty much nailed it. I do notice a little road noise but not the 18 wheeler that is traveling beside me :eek:.

I have only used normal and sport IDS settings and prefer sport. There have been times in sports setting where I have actually had to check the tach to see if it changed gears because I didn't feel it.:). I'm not big on paddle shifting so I stay away from Sports+. 0:)

I have had my TLX since February and the ONLY complaint I have so far is that the diameter of the steering wheel rim is a little too big. I prefer the steering wheel that my wife's 2008 TL has. It easier to get my hands around. >:D

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I don't think I can add much other than what the others have said. Wade pretty well wrote my review for me.

I'm coming from a Civic Si which was very noisy and rough. The TLX is the exact opposite. A very refined ride and extremely quiet. Knock wood, I haven't had any transmission issues at all. It shifts extremely smooth in both a Normal and Sport modes.

Good luck with your decision!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Sport+ will shift the gears if you dont use the paddles, but its at much higher revs then the normal 3000rpm'ish spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts