Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my TLX SH-AWD (Elite; BWP/Expresso, with winter wheel package) a week ago, having waved a somewhat nostalgic farewell to my 2003 3.2TL the day before. Ordered from the factory in mid November, my TLX missed the sticking pawl issue. Boning up on the manual and guide during the wait has really helped; something I recommend for anyone making the twelve year jump in car technology! The first 1200 km have been a lot of fun.:)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I picked up my TLX SH-AWD (Elite; BWP/Expresso, with winter wheel package) a week ago, having waved a somewhat nostalgic farewell to my 2003 3.2TL the day before. Ordered from the factory in mid November, my TLX missed the sticking pawl issue. Boning up on the manual and guide during the wait has really helped; something I recommend for anyone making the twelve year jump in car technology! The first 1200 km have been a lot of fun.:)
Welcome to the Forum! I am glad to see you made your first post.

Congratulations on receiving your new TLX. Glad to hear you are experiencing a smooth ride.

Likewise, I read the complete manual while I waited for the car. There is a lot to learn, some of which is not in the manual. Although most of the information is there if you remember what you have read.
:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
That is the same technology leap that I am making. My 2003 TL-S was totaled after a catastrophic tire failure. Luckily, no one was injured, the side airbag deployed after it bounced off of a Jerseye barrier, bending the frame.

I looked at the Mercedes C class and didn't care for it...the cabin felt cramped. I rejected Toyotas due to their "spaghetti code" and didn't want to deal with the local BMW dealer.

The V-6 SH-AWD TLX with the advance package was my Goldilocks car, "just right." The Acura dealer has been amazing, letting me use a loaner TLX for more than a month while awaiting delivery.

I'm hoping it'll be in next week...silver color with greystone leather seats.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That is the same technology leap that I am making. My 2003 TL-S was totaled after a catastrophic tire failure. Luckily, no one was injured, the side airbag deployed after it bounced off of a Jerseye barrier, bending the frame.

I looked at the Mercedes C class and didn't care for it...the cabin felt cramped. I rejected Toyotas due to their "spaghetti code" and didn't want to deal with the local BMW dealer.

The V-6 SH-AWD TLX with the advance package was my Goldilocks car, "just right." The Acura dealer has been amazing, letting me use a loaner TLX for more than a month while awaiting delivery.

I'm hoping it'll be in next week...silver color with greystone leather seats.
Absolutely agree, this car has great balance compared with the rest of the field. Admittedly its not the best at any one thing but it certinly has a good blend. Sorry to hear about the loss of your '03 TL, my neighbour has one and won't let go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks. I would've kept that 2003 TL-S for a really long time. It had less than 50,000 miles. The good news was that the insurance company gave us $10,000. Not bad for a 12 year old car!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats on the new TLX SH-AWD! I'm new here too and have the White with gray interior myself and am a big SH-AWD fan. Keep posting updates - likes/dislikes, observations, and pictures if you get the chance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ugpo, you've summed up my feelings about the car exactly. Had a 3 series before and liked it better to drive, but overall I prefer the TLX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.