Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I will pick up my new TLX next Friday - SH-AWD Tech in bellanova white pearl, graystone interior

I also have '13 TL SH-AWD Tech as my current daily driver. Thanks to the forum for all the info and insight that helped me decided on this car.

So far I was impressed with the TLX SH test drive but time will tell how it compares with the 4G TL SH.

The car will have the rear decklid spoiler, stock 18" wheels, and splash guards. Like many others, I am planning some changes as far as tires are concerned. My image is to put 225/50/R18 Michelin Pilot A/S 3's on the car right away in place of the LS2's. In the spring, I plan on either HPT or Acura 19" wheels with summer tires.

Likes or initial impressions from the test drive

Some things will take some getting used to - like the transmission buttons, but I really like the brake hold feature and the enhanced gage cluster display with navigation info. Very quiet car with smooth power delivery.

Thanks again

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello everyone

I will pick up my new TLX next Friday - SH-AWD Tech in bellanova white pearl, graystone interior

I also have '13 TL SH-AWD Tech as my current daily driver. Thanks to the forum for all the info and insight that helped me decided on this car.

So far I was impressed with the TLX SH test drive but time will tell how it compares with the 4G TL SH.

The car will have the rear decklid spoiler, stock 18" wheels, and splash guards. Like many others, I am planning some changes as far as tires are concerned. My image is to put 225/50/R18 Michelin Pilot A/S 3's on the car right away in place of the LS2's. In the spring, I plan on either HPT or Acura 19" wheels with summer tires.

Likes or initial impressions from the test drive

Some things will take some getting used to - like the transmission buttons, but I really like the brake hold feature and the enhanced gage cluster display with navigation info. Very quiet car with smooth power delivery.

Thanks again
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

Congratulations on purchasing the TLX. The majority here believes the TLX is a great car. Interested to see how you find your new TLX once you get to drive it off the lot. Best of luck.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. Will be interested in your tire decisions so keep us in the loop please! I am considering thos A/S tires as my summer=all seasons in the spring.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

HAx5 - I ordered the OEM size Pilot A/S 3's and will have them on the car Friday and I'll post an update. I am keeping my 13 TL SH-AWD and have a daily commute which includes some nice sweeping "chase your taillights" bends in the road and that will be my frame of reference for the TLX.

That being said, when we have snow or ice here in southern Indiana, I will probably drive the TL which has the Michelin MXM4's as I'm pretty sure they will do better for me in that situation.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome and congratulations. I am thinking about the same car and color....my 3G TL is still going strong but I know that I will be too tempted real soon. Let us know what you like and dislike (if anything) after a few months of driving. I am also thinking new rubber vs the stock. Have had great luck with Michelin, or just get summer set with car and some winter tires for snow season.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks

HAx5 - I ordered the OEM size Pilot A/S 3's and will have them on the car Friday and I'll post an update. I am keeping my 13 TL SH-AWD and have a daily commute which includes some nice sweeping "chase your taillights" bends in the road and that will be my frame of reference for the TLX.

That being said, when we have snow or ice here in southern Indiana, I will probably drive the TL which has the Michelin MXM4's as I'm pretty sure they will do better for me in that situation.
Congratulations on your TLX ! Very interested in your experience with the Michelin Pilots, noticed that you are going with the OEM size (I am thinking about 235 width choice)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thanks

HAx5 - I ordered the OEM size Pilot A/S 3's and will have them on the car Friday and I'll post an update. I am keeping my 13 TL SH-AWD and have a daily commute which includes some nice sweeping "chase your taillights" bends in the road and that will be my frame of reference for the TLX..
Please let us know! I have MXM4 on my TL-S, but its not SHAWD. They have been OK, but not great it seems. Going Blizzak when I pick up the TLX tomorrow:). And that will guarantee no snow this winter...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I own a '13 TL SH-AWD 6AT in graphite also. I have also had various Accords and a CRV as company vehicles. Both the TL and TLX are personal vehicles, but the TL is partially comped as a benefit.

I will say this - after having the TL in SH-AWD, it has hard to go back to FWD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.