Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm from Virginia and this is my first Acura. After 2 months of weekend test driving,every AWD car there is, I finally settled in on the TLX, with the advanced package. . The BMW has been parked, .So much too learn in this car. Only think I've notice and I'm sure it's minor, is I can't seem to link the garage door opener..

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hey all, I'm from Virginia and this is my first Acura. After 2 months of weekend test driving,every AWD car there is, I finally settled in on the TLX, with the advanced package. . The BMW has been parked, .So much too learn in this car. Only think I've notice and I'm sure it's minor, is I can't seem to link the garage door opener..
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post and glad to see you got your new TLX.

Sometimes linking the garage door with Home Link is a challenge. I hope that is the extent of your problems. :)

Please tell us more about you and your new TLX. :)

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Welcome!

The Homelink took me about a month of trying different things based on results from google searches. There is a learn button on my garage door opener that needed to be pressed during the process. I got it in the end. The Homelink site is another resource you could try.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have a modulating security code for your garage door would you. Car installed remotes seem to have trouble adapting to these. Case in point at my compound the gate is modulating so I have to use a specific modulating FOB to access it, the car remote won't do it.

·
Super Moderator
1,008 Posts
I too will be connecting to my rolling remote opener.
Here is the HomeLink instructions at the Acura Owner site.
On the same page is a link to the HomeLink site for more info.
Send us your successful procedure.

On a very side note, do not install LED light bulbs into your opener. This will interfere with signals from your remote. I went crazy trying to understand this issue after I installed these "energy saving" light bulbs! I spent more energy going up and down the ladder troubleshooting this issue. Took the bulb out and voila, it worked as normal. Back to incandescent bulbs in the opener!

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
144 Posts

On a very side note, do not install LED light bulbs into your opener. This will interfere with signals from your remote. I went crazy trying to understand this issue after I installed these "energy saving" light bulbs! I spent more energy going up and down the ladder troubleshooting this issue. Took the bulb out and voila, it worked as normal. Back to incandescent bulbs in the opener!
If you are not ready to give up on the LEDs in the opener you might try some different ones. I have been converting my house over to LED for about the past three years. In most of my rooms, including living room, I have lighted ceiling fans. Once I got the LEDs installed in my living room I noticed that my NOAA weather radios stopped functioning when the lights were on. Not a big problem because I have alerts on my phone. About six months ago I had two of the LEDs stop working and I replaced them with new ones from a different manufacturer. Low and behold my NOAA radios work fine now. :laugh:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a Daylight CFL bulb in my opener & it is a white light (6000k), doesn't interfere with the homelink opener. Never tried a LED bulb. I wonder why the LED interferes with the signal. I have a button on the opener. I pressed the button first then press the homelink button and in minutes it linked. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tip, I have been out there for an hour still trying, I'm gonna ride over to my Wayne Dalton dealer and see if my opener is even compatible. It was installed in 2002, .. I own a 325xi. Test drove a new model x-drive and just hated it.. .

·
Registered
134 Posts

Great! I haven't tried that yet but I will give it a shot, thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts