Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for postings, very informative.
Welcome to the Forum! Sorry I missed your first post.

I posted a welcome under another thread, but that member made his thread moderated and must be out driving his TLX. I wanted to make sure this welcome got to you. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
V6 tech picked up 09/22/14. I called friend at service and my vin was on recall. Alittle concerned cause did a lot of homework on chosing TLX. I shopped mercedes CLA, A4, A3, IS 250, Camry and accord but thought best choice was TLX. I am a current owner of a 2012 MDX and an proud to be an Acura owner. I baby the Acuras cause I value spending my hard earned money. Hope recall goes smooth.

BELL white with espresso. Got tire kit after much thought being possibly stranded on side of the road.

·
Registered
666 Posts
V6 tech picked up 09/22/14. I called friend at service and my vin was on recall. Alittle concerned cause did a lot of homework on chosing TLX.
Can you quantify your level of concern? You know the safety measure is to always apply the parking brake before turn off the engine. Mne is likely an earlier version and I guess I will find out in January if it is on the list. So possible problem:
1. Car is on the recall list, but passes inspection, no fix required
2. Car fails inspection and is a minor technical fix, half day at the shop
3. Car fails inspection and transmission has to be dropped and repaired, full day at the shop
4. Car fails inspection and transmission has to be replaced, 1-2 days at the shop (maybe in a month or two when a tranny is available)
5. Car fails inspection but Acura cannot fix or goes out of business - not going to happen.

So it comes down to #2-4 . These are inconveniences, and if you cannot trust your dealer to do this correctly then you should not be driving this car. It will still be under warranty after any repair. At this point it is not know what the fix will be, but I am not concerned.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you TLX 2014

My concern is I read the sites, watched most all the YouTube videos and Internet reviews. I am proud to own an acura and visited numerous dealerships before my purchase acting as if I knew nothing of the TLX most of the time knowing the same or more then the salesmen. I plan on keeping the TLX at least 10 years and have 1100 miles as a second vacation home car and the thought of taking it apart could open up the floodgates for future problems that I worked my ass off to get it.

But honest I do have faith in Acura and Honda as a whole and do love the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.