Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been a Honda/Acura guy for years. Started with a 1985 Prelude, moved to a 1997 Prelude, then to a 2008 TL and finally to a 2019 TLX before getting this new one. Was at the dealer for an oil change, saw the 2021 and fell in love. Traded in the 2019 for the 2021 a month ago. I'm never that spontaneous but we are in crazy times !! At least I got the same color combination so most of the neighbors don't know. Thrilled I made the trade.

Have a few questions. Sorry if they already covered in other posts.
  • Is there a way to turn off Auto Idle Stop? I turn it off but it comes back on with the next re-start.
  • Has anyone found a way to keep the driving mode in Sport? As the manual indicates, it reverts to Normal after a re-start.
  • Is there a way to turn off the Lane Keeping Assist System so it doesn't come back on at a re-start?

Thanks

IMG_20201031_173927552_HDR.JPG

·
Super Moderator
1,052 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your car looks gorgeous! I think you have no choice but to live with the Auto Idle Stop defaulting to "On" after you've shut the car off. I am surprised about the driving mode - this seems like a conscious change by Acura since on the previous generations you could change the driving mode settings to retain the same mode you were last in upon restart. Not sure about LKAS.

·
Super Moderator
785 Posts
I also hated (with a passion) the Auto Idle Stop defaulting to ON. You can switch that where the Auto Idle Stop defaults to OFF. Go to www.idlestopper.com to get more information. I've had it on my TLX for over a year and love it. It's around $80 and takes about 30 or 40 minutes to install. Use the search function on this board to look up my install and review.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also hated (with a passion) the Auto Idle Stop defaulting to ON. You can switch that where the Auto Idle Stop defaults to OFF. Go to www.idlestopper.com to get more information. I've had it on my TLX for over a year and love it. It's around $80 and takes about 30 or 40 minutes to install. Use the search function on this board to look up my install and review.
That’s great. Thank you.

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
87 Posts
Congratulations on the new car it's a beauty. White/Parchment was my second choice, but I decided to go with Black/Ebony for mine. Love the '21. It's such a different drive than the previous TLX.

You can disable the lane keeping assist in a couple of ways...probably the easiest is to use the "applications" wheel on the left side of the steering wheel. Scroll around until you see the safety assists. From there it's push left/right to toggle between front obstacle warning, lane keeping assist and blind spot assist then push in to turn the selected function on/off. I turned it off on my car, too. It's also under "vehicle" in the main menu accessible through the settings selection on the flat panel display

I heartily recommend taking the time to run through all the menu selections available in settings. There's some neat ones like setting the headlight off delay to "0" (save the battery!) and the option to turn the navigation voice assist all the way to zero. My wife hates being told 30 times to "make a U-turn ahead" when the nav wants to take a different route. Good way to practice with the touchpad, too!

I can't help you with permanently disabling the idle-stop function (it defaults on because that's the way they did the EPA fuel mileage certification and changing that would require re-certification) BUT you can use the big silver "individual driving mode button" to set both sport mode and idle stop disable with one push. Push and hold the driving mode button to open the customization menu, then select the options you want (I chose all but "engine" to sport mode, left engine in normal) include disable idle stop. From then on, it's still one button to push, but at least you get both sport and idle stop disable. Otherwise, it's sorta matchs-nix between that and just pressing the idle-stop disable button above the brake assist button.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Congratulations on the new car it's a beauty. White/Parchment was my second choice, but I decided to go with Black/Ebony for mine. Love the '21. It's such a different drive than the previous TLX.

You can disable the lane keeping assist in a couple of ways...probably the easiest is to use the "applications" wheel on the left side of the steering wheel. Scroll around until you see the safety assists. From there it's push left/right to toggle between front obstacle warning, lane keeping assist and blind spot assist then push in to turn the selected function on/off. I turned it off on my car, too. It's also under "vehicle" in the main menu accessible through the settings selection on the flat panel display

I heartily recommend taking the time to run through all the menu selections available in settings. There's some neat ones like setting the headlight off delay to "0" (save the battery!) and the option to turn the navigation voice assist all the way to zero. My wife hates being told 30 times to "make a U-turn ahead" when the nav wants to take a different route. Good way to practice with the touchpad, too!

I can't help you with permanently disabling the idle-stop function (it defaults on because that's the way they did the EPA fuel mileage certification and changing that would require re-certification) BUT you can use the big silver "individual driving mode button" to set both sport mode and idle stop disable with one push. Push and hold the driving mode button to open the customization menu, then select the options you want (I chose all but "engine" to sport mode, left engine in normal) include disable idle stop. From then on, it's still one button to push, but at least you get both sport and idle stop disable. Otherwise, it's sorta matchs-nix between that and just pressing the idle-stop disable button above the brake assist button.
Thanks !! Setting individual driving mode that way was a great idea. One push of the button and good to go. I agree, there is a lot of customization available. I’m having fun with the lighting colors.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Thanks !! Setting individual driving mode that way was a great idea. One push of the button and good to go. I agree, there is a lot of customization available. I’m having fun with the lighting colors.
I found that just setting mine to Sports mode at the start of every drive kills idle-stop.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Can you provide the steps you used to take the navigation voice assist to zero. Thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The setting is buried somewhere in the menu tree but I don't recall where. I'd have to look it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The setting is buried somewhere in the menu tree but I don't recall where. I'd have to look it up.
I have looked and had no luck finding. Any guidance you could provide would be great. I will continue to see if I can find it. So far love my 2021 Modern Steel TLX Advance SHAWD.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been a Honda/Acura guy for years. Started with a 1985 Prelude, moved to a 1997 Prelude, then to a 2008 TL and finally to a 2019 TLX before getting this new one. Was at the dealer for an oil change, saw the 2021 and fell in love. Traded in the 2019 for the 2021 a month ago. I'm never that spontaneous but we are in crazy times !! At least I got the same color combination so most of the neighbors don't know. Thrilled I made the trade.

• Is there a way to turn off Auto Idle Stop? I turn it off but it comes back on with the next re-start.
  • Has anyone found a way to keep the driving mode in Sport? As the manual indicates, it reverts to Normal after a re-start.
  • Is there a way to turn off the Lane Keeping Assist System so it doesn't come back on at a re-start?

Thanks
She's stunning!

Cheers!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have looked and had no luck finding. Any guidance you could provide would be great. I will continue to see if I can find it. So far love my 2021 Modern Steel TLX Advance SHAWD.
Page 35 of the navigation system manual (the other owner's manual).

·
Registered
16 Posts

Thanks

View attachment 25699

·
Registered
16 Posts
To disable lane keep assist on your left-hand side buttons right below the dash there’s a flying with a little car in a circle around it press it until they come up on your dash with three little squares and if You never mess with the settings they should all be checked that’s where you disable the checkmark using the little scroll buttons up and down left and right but select the checkmarks that you don’t want I have mine with the lane keep assist us meaning no checkmark on it everything else from collision and rear collision our own good luck man car looks awesome

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To disable lane keep assist on your left-hand side buttons right below the dash there’s a flying with a little car in a circle around it press it until they come up on your dash with three little squares and if You never mess with the settings they should all be checked that’s where you disable the checkmark using the little scroll buttons up and down left and right but select the checkmarks that you don’t want I have mine with the lane keep assist us meaning no checkmark on it everything else from collision and rear collision our own good luck man car looks awesome
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
991 Posts
I too find that getting into the settings to adjust the guidance volume to be cumbersome. The quickest way to do that is to adjust the volume when they are guiding you. As soon as that voice comes on, "wheel" the volume to zero.
Just be aware that will also change the volume for any other thing that comes through the sound system. This includes Apple CarPlay and anything you have sending sound into the head unit. So taking it to zero may work for a few instances, but you will scratch your head on why WAZE did not warn you about the cop you just passed doing 80!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts