Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the 2.4 TLX tech 12/20/14. I have a 03 Honda Civic and it is pretty reliable. So I want to stick to Honda brand. The other reason I prefer TLX over others is its super quite cabin, which I think with makes a luxury car stand over regular cars. Driven 500ish miles already and I'm satisfied so far. I did experienced the transmission jerkiness issue as discussed here. Not sure if my car has already used the update ECU or not. I plan to go to dealer and confirm that. Pretty happy to find this place and join you guys. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Welcome to the group - I also found the TLX to be very quiet and comfortable. It is nearly impossible to even hear the windshield wipers running.

Hope you enjoy the new car!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I got the 2.4 TLX tech 12/20/14. I have a 03 Honda Civic and it is pretty reliable. So I want to stick to Honda brand. The other reason I prefer TLX over others is its super quite cabin, which I think with makes a luxury car stand over regular cars. Driven 500ish miles already and I'm satisfied so far. I did experienced the transmission jerkiness issue as discussed here. Not sure if my car has already used the update ECU or not. I plan to go to dealer and confirm that. Pretty happy to find this place and join you guys. :)
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see you made your first post.
Also glad to hear that your TLX is making you happy. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Glad to have you here!

Let us know once you get the transmission issue fixed. What color is your TLX? Can you post up a picture at some point?

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome!

How do you find the transition from a Civic to a TLX? Much more roomier isn't it? :)

I went through quite a few hondas in my days. From the very first 1988 civic wagon to 1992 prelude srv, to a 1996 accord dx, to a 2003 TL Type S (tranny issues galore), to a 2004 TL non type s and now the purdiest the TLX.

So you kind of see the pattern here. I am very brand loyal. I really dont know how the others makes and model are like... seriously.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I also replaced a Civic (2004) with the TLX. Frankly, there is really no comparison at all. Notwithstanding the 10 year difference in car engineering progress, materials, etc, these are two very different cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.