Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! New owner in Lexington, KY here.

I found this forum Googling for a battery drain issue I've (hopefully) gotten resolved by my dealer replacing the battery. Many thanks to everyone who replied in there with ideas!

I really can't say enough good about this car.

I fell into Acura ownership through the dealer actually. In 2009 I had a three-year-old Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. I loved that car - one of the only FWD V8s GM had made up until that point as I understand. Favorite feature on that one was a heads-up display for the car's speed. After about 30K miles, the engine started using about 3 quarts of oil between changes. Between this and the recent Pontiac discontinuation I thought I'd try something new. The dealer also sold Acura, and after a 2009 TL Tech (slate gray I believe was the color) test-drive I was hooked.

In 2012 I traded for a SH-AWD Tech (white with tan interior). What a great car. All the great features of my previous TL and vastly better performance.

Early this year I was looking for something new again, and it came down to the TLX and an Audi S4. Feature-per-feature and even the driving/handling in my non-professional option, there was no comparison, so about 5 weeks ago I took delivery of my Black TLX SH-AWD Advance and could not be happier.

Great handling, power, and all the toys & gadget a geek could ask for. Adaptive cruise has been game-changer, allowing me to use cruise in way more situations than before.

The most surprised I've been is when I felt the seatbelt tighten automatically during a hard corner, and I later saw this feature in the settings. Makes me smile every time, imaging the car is panicking a bit ;)

Cheers, and I look forward to speaking with many of you over the coming years!

Ron

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Great story

Congratulations @RonC ! Thanks for telling us your story. We appreciate that you took the time and gave us some background on you and your TLX.

Enjoy the drive! :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
It's always nice to hear these stories especially with a comparison to other cars considered. Hope you have many enjoyable years driving the TLX!

·
Registered
317 Posts
It's always nice to hear these stories especially with a comparison to other cars considered. Hope you have many enjoyable years driving the TLX!
I know right, sometimes that's all it takes, is getting behind the wheel of a specific vehicle and all of a sudden you've entered a world you wish you could have sooner!

On this forum i've even heard the same thing from folks coming from BMW's, surprisingly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was in the same situation a week ago, could not decide between the A4 and the SH-AWD, , I know we made the right choice. .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts