Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

New owner here, just picked up a certified pre-owned TLX from my local Acura dealer!

I traded in a 2017 Ford Focus ST, and my wife and I love the car so far. I was mostly excited to find out Honda is still using the K series motors in these cars, and the 8-speed DCT is really nice to have vs the 6-speed in the Focus. Despite being less powerful, this engine/transmission setup really performs well, especially being a naturally aspirated 4-cylinder.

The only weird thing I've figured out so far is, at least on this year, you can't digitally display your current speed... though you can display average speed lol.
Small price to pay for what really seems like a great car that was built to last! (I bet many of you here put loads of miles on your TLXs with limited issues).

Thanks for having me!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
296 Posts
Welcome to the TLX Forums! Great to have you here, That 8 Speed DCT is a fantastic transmission compared to the 9 Speed just wish it was paired to the V6 aswell as it would be a much better pairing for the engine. Feel free to post up some pictures of your TLX if you feel like sharing any!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Acura TLX, V6, P-AWS, Advance package
1,127 Posts
Congrats on your TLX.
The only weird thing I've figured out so far is, at least on this year, you can't digitally display your current speed... though you can display average speed lol.
I found that Honda/Acura prefers to not show a digital speed. Why? I do not know. My F350 shows it!
A simple solution is to use WAZE for your navigation. This app shows your digital speed along with what it thinks is the speed limit for the road you are on (mostly correct, but not so in construction zones).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the TLX Forums! Great to have you here, That 8 Speed DCT is a fantastic transmission compared to the 9 Speed just wish it was paired to the V6 aswell as it would be a much better pairing for the engine. Feel free to post up some pictures of your TLX if you feel like sharing any!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Sure thing! Here's a photo I took the other night. Going in for winter wheels/tires first thing tomorrow.
Interesting about the 8-speed being unique to the 2.4, it's a great transmission and very fun to drive thus far!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on your TLX.

I found that Honda/Acura prefers to not show a digital speed. Why? I do not know. My F350 shows it!
A simple solution is to use WAZE for your navigation. This app shows your digital speed along with what it thinks is the speed limit for the road you are on (mostly correct, but not so in construction zones).
My Ford did as well! I thought, well that's weird... a domestic car that's two years older shows it but not this. Oh well, lol.
Good idea! I may mess with using that app on the Apple CarPlay.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
View attachment 28049

Sure thing! Here's a photo I took the other night. Going in for winter wheels/tires first thing tomorrow.
Interesting about the 8-speed being unique to the 2.4, it's a great transmission and very fun to drive thus far!
Great picture! I like the exposure and the glow of the tree!

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Thanks! iPhone cameras sure do wonders lol. I'll try to make the time to use my DSLR for some photos soon.
Off topic warning!!
I have my Canon DSLR packed away. When I want to use it, I have to charge up the battery, get the transfer process down, check the clock for correct date, etc…!! The iPhone cameras advance so quickly. My XsMax is still better than my Canon, but pales in comparison to the 14ProMax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts